Help please. I'm not happy with my results from mini Tummy tuck, do I need a full? (photos)

I had a mini tummy tuck with incision hip to hip 4 weeks ago with Lipo to the top abdomen and flanks. My surgeon said I did not have skin laxity for a full one. Whilst I'm happy with my results when standing I still have a large bulge/roll When sitting. What can be done? Do I need a full and is my surgeon wrong, also he did not do muscle repair but I think I need it?

Dr. Derby Sang

Thank you for your question and photos.

i suggest you to wait a few months since yo still have very little time. after if you still unhappy consult a board certified PS or the same that you attended. 

Best of luck 

Healing process

Everything you are seeing is normal and due to swelling. The appearance of your abdomen will continue to improve as you continue to heal. Be patient with your recovery, this is all normal following and mini tummy tuck and liposuction. Good luck with your recovery.

Dean Vistnes, MD.
Vistnes Plastic Surgery
San Francisco Bay Area

#drdeanvistnes #realself # minitummytuck #liposuction 

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

4 weeks post op question

First I would wait to pass judgement on the results for a few more months bc you're still healing. Also its hard to tell if you need muscle repair without examining you.  From your pre op photos it looks like you were one of those patients who maybe needed more than a mini tt  but didn't have enough skin for a full tt.  A Modified FDL tt may have been a good alternative.

Robert Heck, MD, FACS
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Mini Tummy Tuck - Unhappy with results

Thank you for your question and photo. You are very early in the post-operative period and should expect to have swelling for three to six months following your mini tummy tuck surgery. Use of a properly fitted compression garment will help decrease the length and severity of the post-operative swelling. As the swelling decreases, the contour of your abdomen will dramatically improve. Please follow your plastic surgeons specific advice regarding your level of physical activity. Hope this helps and good luck with your recovery.

Mini Tummy Tuck Results at One Month

Thank you for your question about mini tummy tuck.

Wait at least 6 months to recovery to assess results.

Based solely on the photos before surgery. It appears you would be a candidate for full tummy tuck.  A mini tummy tuck can fall short and lead to disappointment.  More skin can be removed with a full tummy tuck.

To be sure, see two or more experienced, board-certified Plastic Surgeons in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have surgery.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS