Do fine hairs not work in laser hair removal?

I have dark yet thin hairs on my shoulder and neck area and many people, including the person performing the laser hair removal, have told me its not worth it to try in those areas because they're not thick enough. (I had my first session at a salon/hair dressers, mind you.) Is there any truth to this? Will I have to wear turtle necks for the rest of my life? Please help.

Fine hair for laser hair removal

Fine hairs are not as easily removed with laser hair removal, but it can be attempted with a test patch and see how it works. The same has been said with blonde hair but we have done test patches on these patients and found in some cases to be effective.