Is it possible to get fat transfer to breasts and then an uplift at a later date?

Hi I need to get an uplift but I'm not ready yet. I haven't decided if I'm done having kids. I know from experience that my breasts look better/ less saggy when I gain weight. 4-7lbs is usually enough. unfortunately that makes me feel uncomfortable with the rest of my body. I was hoping I could get a transfer to make me feel better about my breasts and then at a later date when I'm ready get an uplift. would there be any complications from doing this?

Fat transfer

Yes, you may choose a fat transfer without a lift. Some women may feel that just the transfer is adequate. I would suggest meeting with a board certified plastic surgeon and discussing all your options.

San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question.  Yes, it is possible to have a breast fat transfer now and then a breast lift at a later date.  Be sure to communicate your concerns and goals to your plastic surgeon.  Good luck.

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Fat grafting

Fat grafting can be an excellent option either alone or with a lift to restore volume and shape to your breasts.  Best Wishes. 

Jules Walters, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Breast Fat Graft Augmentation and Lift

Breast augmentation with fat and lifting are complimentary procedures.  The beauty of augmentation with fat is that specific parts of the breast may be filled where most needed.  A breast lift can be performed later, simultaneously with or prior to fat augmentation.  Breast lifting often results in fullness of the lower breast with a relative deficiency or flatness of the upper breast.  This is nicely improved with fat grafting to this area.Please consult in person with an experienced Board Certified Plastic Surgeon prior to making treatment decisions.

Luis A. Cenedese, MD, FACS

Fat grafting

I think that this is a very reasonable sequence of events. Fat grafting now will not interfere with you getting an uplift at a later date. Good luck!

Jennifer Boll, MD
Tempe Plastic Surgeon