Is it possible to get fat transfer to breasts and then an uplift at a later date?

Hi I need to get an uplift but I'm not ready yet. I haven't decided if I'm done having kids. I know from experience that my breasts look better/ less saggy when I gain weight. 4-7lbs is usually enough. unfortunately that makes me feel uncomfortable with the rest of my body. I was hoping I could get a transfer to make me feel better about my breasts and then at a later date when I'm ready get an uplift. would there be any complications from doing this?

Natural breast augmentation with fat grafting

I appreciate your question

I perform a natural breast augmentation with fat. This can be removed from any unwanted areas including the breast itself as part of my lipo-lift procedure. I perform the fat grafting in multiple planes including under the muscle to give the best, most natural enhancement. Fat grafting is a great solution for someone who wants to bring their breast size up a cup or so and use natural tissue vs an implant. However, it can also be combined with an implant or used as a secondary procedure to fill in areas that are flat or thin. It should not affect nipple sensation, mammograms, cancer risk or breast feeding. It can be a little lump or hard at first but tends to soften over time. If you gain or lose weight, the transferred fat can do the same.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.  Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic breast plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Fat transfer

Yes, you may choose a fat transfer without a lift. Some women may feel that just the transfer is adequate. I would suggest meeting with a board certified plastic surgeon and discussing all your options.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question.  Yes, it is possible to have a breast fat transfer now and then a breast lift at a later date.  Be sure to communicate your concerns and goals to your plastic surgeon.  Good luck.

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Fat grafting

Fat grafting can be an excellent option either alone or with a lift to restore volume and shape to your breasts.  Best Wishes. 

Jules Walters, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Breast Fat Graft Augmentation and Lift

Breast augmentation with fat and lifting are complimentary procedures.  The beauty of augmentation with fat is that specific parts of the breast may be filled where most needed.  A breast lift can be performed later, simultaneously with or prior to fat augmentation.  Breast lifting often results in fullness of the lower breast with a relative deficiency or flatness of the upper breast.  This is nicely improved with fat grafting to this area.Please consult in person with an experienced Board Certified Plastic Surgeon prior to making treatment decisions.

Luis A. Cenedese, MD, FACS

Fat grafting

I think that this is a very reasonable sequence of events. Fat grafting now will not interfere with you getting an uplift at a later date. Good luck!

Jennifer Boll, MD
Tempe Plastic Surgeon