Why is my eye like this? Best Option To correct. (photo)

I have this creased look on my eye that I never had when younger I want rid of it,what's the best treatment.Its not ptosis as I've already been assessed for this with a occuoplastic surgeon.My eyes have always been quite almond shape but this slanty extra crease was never there.Its only on one eye

Doctor Answers 1

I don't agree with your oculoplastic surgeon.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

You have mild ptosis with a levator dehiscence.  There is a compensatory brow elevation and eye lash ptosis.  If your potential surgeon can't diagnosis the issues, they certainly can't fix the problem.  Many of these surgeons are not really aesthetic surgeons, they are reconstructive folks and it does not make you qualified to do cosmetic surgery.

Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 26 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.