Can I get my deviated septum fixed? (photos)

I have little trouble breathing but I'm more bothered about how it looks, my nose is wonky and lowers my confidence would I be able to get it straighten.

Fixing a deviated septum

Thank you for the question and the photo! You may want to consider septoplasty, a procedure used to correct a deviated septum. It can be performed as a stand-alone procedure or together with a rhinoplasty (septorhinoplasty). Given the nature of your concerns, I believe you are an excellent candidate since even slight changes to the shape of your nose can improve your breathing, produce a dramatic effect on your appearance, and fill you with self-confidence. An in-person exam with a board-certified plastic surgeon would be the best way to fully assess your needs and guarantee a reliable medical advice. Best of luck! Dr. Michael Omidi.

Nose straightening

Great question.  Nose deviation is very common and can be caused by a number of factors from deviated septum to deviated nasal bones to asymmetric facial halves.  Often there are a few factors together that create nasal deviation.  Because of this it will be important to have a plastic surgeon take a look at you in person and decide what would be best to help you achieve the result that you want.  The good news is that the nose can be re-shaped in a number of different ways to help you achieve an overall better appearance.All the best,Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Rhinoplasty, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us. The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us. In this regard, I suggest perform a Closed Rhinoplasty (without visible scars) to treat the tip, base and nasal bridge. With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features. Respectfully, Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD