Is it possible to create a rounder breast without increasing a full cup-size? (photos)

My breasts are currently a 32 b and they have a teardrop shape which I have always hated. On the other hand, I do like the size of my breasts, and would not want to increase more than maybe half a cup size. Would it be possible to create a rounder breast without a massive increase in size? I added a photo of myself in black & white and two of the shape I would like to have.

The answer is maybe

Hi, thanks for the question - a very good one!

I hardly ever use teardrop implants for this very reason. I tend to use round implants, half under the muscle (muscle split technique - feel free to look at some of my photos on this site). The benefit of this is that you still get fullness at the top without having to go too large and end up looking fake.

If you are going to see a surgeon, it would be great to be able to see photos from before your surgery as well as examine you at the time.

Thanks, and good luck.

The answer is maybe

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Thanks, and good luck.

Shape of enlarged breast

The shape of your breast is largely dictated by the shape of the implant used. Tear drop shaped implants have a fuller in the lower half than the upper half. On the other hand the round implant is fuller in all directions. Taking your desire in account, you will be able to achieve what you wish for by using a small round profile implant. 

Shape of enlarged breast

Rounder Breasts

Thank you for your question. I think that it is possible to change the shape of your breasts without a large change in their volumes. One method would be the insertion of small round implants (probably with low profiles). A clinical examination will determine whether they should go directly under your breasts or under your muscle.

A second option could be lipofilling (transfer of fat from another part of your body to your breasts with special liposuction and injection techniques). The fat could be mainly injected into the upper half of your breast to try and achieve a more rounded shape.

I hope this will provide some guidance but of course you will need to see an experienced cosmetic surgeon.

Rounder Breasts

It is all about the shape

Hi Scandi,

Everybody always talks about size when they talk about breast implants, but I will always stress that it is the shape that is more important than the size.

The most predictable way of getting the shape that you desire, would be with an implant, although this would necessarily make your breasts bigger.  It would be crucial to choose the right shape and profile of implant.  You can register for my webinar through my website where I go over this.

The other option would be fat grafting, although the results of this are often subtle and so would need some discussion.  Good luck.

It is all about the shape

Hi Scandi,

Rounder shape

Thanks for your question. Whilst the difference between anatomical and round implants is probably less than you might think, you will certainly get a fuller upper pole by using a soft, round silicone implant, probably under the muscle in your case. I have found that 3-D imaging invaluable in having this discussion and would suggest the best way forward for you is to arrange a consultation with a surgeon who can offer this service. 

Rounder shape

Breasts

Thank you for your question and pictures.  You can achieve a rounder shaped breast with a modest increase in with the right implant.  This may be a small moderate profile plus or high profile gel or saline implant just to boost the shape more than the size of the breast.

Breasts

Round breasts

Any breast implant is going to increase the size of your breast, but if you went for a small round lower profile implant it would make your breast appear rounder without adding to much more volume or projection. The alternative would be fat transfer to the breasts.

Round breasts

Breast augmentation

Hello and thank you for your question. You are a great candidate for a breast augmentation with small implant.  The size, profile, and shape of the implant is based on your desired breast size/shape, your chest wall measurements, and soft tissue quality.  This decision should be based on a detailed discussion with equal input from both you and your surgeon.  This entire surgery can be performed with a small incision technique.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.   The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Breast augmentation

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Is it possible to create a rounder breast without increasing a full cup-size?

A fat transfer would be an ideal answer but you look quite slender so that may not be an option. Next best would be a low profile or moderate profile implant of a very modest volume.