Chin implant and chin liposuction: is this swelling normal? (Photo)

I am 5 days post chin implants and chin lipo. I loved how I looked one day post op but now that little triangle of fat is back. Base on my pictures, do you think this is just swelling? I wanted that triangle of fat, where my chin starts to curve down into my neck, to disappear. I'm worried that it won't go away.

Swelling after chin implant and liposuction

Most likely what you are seeing is swelling, especially if you loved what you saw on postoperative day 1. Swelling is unfortunately part of every postoperative recovery and can cause the patient and doctor sometimes considerable stress. After liposuction, the fat cells that were traumatized that weren't suctioned away will eventually die off and continue to improve your profile. Hope this helped. Best of Luck!

San Antonio Facial Plastic Surgeon

Don't Worry! And Let's Add Some Ultherapy!

This still could be swelling after your procedure and it's too soon for your final results. I recommend adding RF treatments like thermage with ultherapy in order to tighten this area. Best, Dr. Emer.