Can you still breast feed after a UBL Breast lift?

I dont have children but want to breast feed them when I do . Can the breasts still produce milk for breast feeding after a UBL Scarless Breast Lift

Lipo-lift

I appreciate your question.

I perform a liposuction breast lift that removes tissue from the areas you don't want such as near the armpit and the lower portion hanging near your stomach. Once I use this to shape the breast I then remove the skin to tighten the breast and create a better shape with nice cleavage. Since I perform this less invasively the recovery time is faster. The size would depend on the proportion with your body versus going for a cup size.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.  Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

You can still breast feed after a UBL breast lift

Hi,

Allow me to clarify, the UBL is not scarless. The incisions are hidden around the areola and in the inframammary crease. The vertical incision has been completely eliminated. The areola incision heals almost invisibly due to the fact that there is hardly any tension on the closure. With this particular technique, ducts are preserved along with nerve supply allowing women the ability to breast feed. Because the breast is reshaped internally and is secured to your chest muscles, upper pole fullness is possible without an implant. Attached is a patient who underwent the UBL (aka The Horndeski Method). Please note that her tissue was used to create upper pole fullness and cleavage without any foreign materials (mesh, implants, etc). It is a proprietary technique that only surgeons that have been trained by me can perform. I hope this helps. 

Best wishes and kind regards, 

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Mammary System

Every woman's mammary system is genetically engineered to produce milk secretion depending on how much Prolactin your body produces when you get pregnant. Since you have never been pregnant, we do not know if you will be producing much or little milk; but responding to your question, the cosmetic operations of the breasts do not interfere with the ability to produce breast milk because your breast tissue is reorganized internally and the amount that is extracted in an operation does not limit the production of it.

Kenneth Schimensky, MD

Hello Dear, thank you so much for your questions.

This will depend on the amount of tissue that is removed. but in the majority of patients, does not affect anything to breastfeed their your baby That is why you should choose carefully a certified plastic surgeon.

Hope hear from you soon, best wishes!!

Ramon Morales, MD

Breastfeeding After Breast Lift, Surgical Options

A mastopexy or breast lift operation is designed to improve the shape and position of the breast without reducing their size. It is used for breasts which sag or droop (ptosis). Sagging of the breasts may occur with normal development for some women, or as part of the aging process. Pregnancy, breast-feeding and weight loss are other conditions which increase breast ptosis. Some patients will have a better shape to their breast such as increased superior fullness if an implant is used at the time of mastopexy. The procedure can also be combined with a minor breast reduction to reduce the breast width if desired. The surgery will create an elevated, more youthful breast contour. Also, the procedure will create nipple and areolae of the desired size and at the correct height.

I prefer to use a #shortscar technique, #LollipopScar or #DonutLift” rather than the majority of surgeons in the United States that use an anchor pattern lift which involve more significant scarring.

Typically, if your nipples are not altered or incised during surgery there would be no trouble with breastfeeding later. However, it would be best to make that one of your primary questions in consultation with plastic surgeon in attempt to determine the procedure and surgeon best for you.

Wait until you have finished your family before having a lift.

Hello, I am not sure there is such a thing as a scarless breast lift, although I have seen it promoted.  We are always trying to minimise the scar when performing breast lifts but less scarring means less skin resection and less tightening and therefore less of a lift.

All techniques of breast lift involving moving the nipple and this can interrupt the ducts so you may not be able to breast feed.  Having said that, some people are unable to breast feed anyway and it is by no means certain that you won't be able to breast feed after a lift.

The advice is usually to wait until you have finished your family before having a breast lift, not only because of the breast feeding issue, but also because the size and shape of your breasts can change in an unpredictable way after having children and so it would be better to defer surgery until your breast shape is stable to get a long-lasting result.  Good luck.

Breast feeding after a breast lift

• In most cases breast feeding is possible after breast surgery.  Depending on what exactly is done the ducts that lead to the nipple may be affected which would prevent delivery of the milk.  
  • I advise patients that following breast surgery they will likely be able to breast feed but may need to supplement with formula.
  • The consideration you should make is whether you have surgery now or wait until after having kids as your breasts may become droopy over that time.
  • Dr Rodger Shortt strives to be the best plastic surgeon.  He is one of very few plastic surgeons in Canada with a top 5-star rating on Realself, RateMD, and Ontario Doctor Review.  He is an Assistant Clinical Professor and the Director of Cosmetic Surgery Training for McMaster University.  He serves patients from the GTA including Toronto, Oakville, Mississauga, Georgetown, Brampton, Burlington, Milton, and Hamilton.

Rodger Shortt, FRCSC