Any benefit of liposuction to my abdomen? (Photos)

I would like liposuction done on my upper and lower abdomen. My partner and I still want more children hence why I do not want a tummy tuck at this moment. Would I get good results from liposuction

Liposuction of the abdomen

Since you are planning on having more children it is best to wait, as a tummy tuck will truly provide you with the best results. Liposuction could give you some minimal improvement right now, but the best changes will come after a Mommy Makeover with tummy tuck and liposuction once you are done having children. In the meantime, you can still consult in person with a board certified plastic surgeon who can examine you in person and determine which procedures are best for you, and a timeline for those procedures. Good luck!

Would lipo help?

It appears that you do have some degree of skin laxity as well as at least some muscle laxity based solely on the photos.  In this regard, a tummy tuck with muscle plication would be the better option after you finish having children.

Shayne Webb, MD

Liposuction - any benefit for me?

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.
  • You are exactly right not to have a tummy tuck now - but wait until after your children.
  • However you look quite slim - and your bulging tummy looks as though it's from stretched skin and muscle, not fat. 
  • Liposuction cannot give you a flat stomach - and result may be very disappointing.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS