BBL while breastfeeding, is this safe? (Photos)

What list of medications are given to the patient for BBL? I need to consider each drug given as I will most likely be still breastfeeding at the time of my surgery. In general, I want it to be done after my baby turns one.

Medications post BBL

Thank you very much for your question.

The essential medications are antibiotics (Co-Amoxiclav in my clinic) and pain killers (opioids and not).

Some patients also need medication for the nausea, my preparando and gastro protectors.

I would recommend to come for an assessment and discuss your target, current weight situation and plan for breastfeeding. Then you will confirm if you are a good candidate for the surgery, what kind of results to expect and if you need to make any adjustment to your weight (gaining or loosing) for the best result.

I usually show my patients plenty of before&after cases to explain everything into detail.

I wish you the best of luck,

London Plastic Surgeon

Traditionally, we prescribe antibiotics, pain meds and anti-nausea meds. While breast feeding you should avoid breastfeeding the baby. You can pump your milk. It is recommended to wait 3 months after delivery prior to having general anesthesia.

Ron Hazani, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills General Surgeon