BA - I'm 2 weeks way - pain afterwards?

Just wondering if there is anything I should be eating/ drinking prior to surgery that could make recovery easier? Also I have a 2 year old So how long After surgery will I be able To care for him properly? Thanks

Concerns prior to breast augmentation surgery?

Thank you for the good questions. Your plastic surgeon will have a list of "do's and don'ts" for you (a list of medications/herbs to avoid prior to surgery).  Generally, I suggest that patient's continue eating a well-balanced/healthy diet before/after surgery and also emphasize good hydration.   I have not found a specific diet (or change) is necessary. Measures to avoid constipation are also helpful.

Your plastic surgeon will also have specific advice to you when it comes to returning to activities, such as care of your child. Generally, best to have help for at least one week after surgery, when it comes to lifting,  driving… My best suggestion to patient's postoperatively:  move slowly and "listen to your body" as you gradually resume full activity.

Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with.

What to do before and after a BA

Hi, great question. As with any surgical procedure, you’ll want to follow your doctor’s pre-surgery guidelines to ensure that you are well-prepared for your procedure. It is always recommended that you eat a healthy and balanced diet while restraining from smoking prior to your surgery.

After you have your breast augmentation, it is generally recommended that you refrain from any activity for a couple days, get plenty of rest, and do not attempt any heavy lifting for at least six weeks. Again, it’s best to talk to your doctor about pre- and post-operative options to minimize stress and maximize recovery.

Michael Chiaramonte, MD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

BA - I'm 2 weeks way - pain afterwards?

Your surgeon's office should be providing you with a clear list of post-operative instructions. I urge good judgement and common sense. You shouldn't plan on lifting you child for at least a week and avoid anything in excess, e.g. eating, drinking, exercising, etc. In about 2-3 weeks post-op you should be back to your original routine. Good luck.

Richard Zienowicz, MD
Providence Plastic Surgeon

Rapid Recovery Breast Augmentation

Entering breast augmentation with a positive attitute, good health and nutrition, and realistic expectations should allow you to quickly recover and care for your child.

John Burns, MD