Getting a BA on 2nd Dec. Is a D cup possible?

I'm 7.5stone 32aa breastfed 2 kids so stretched skin. Very petite small frame size6. What size would you recommend Consultant has said 340 partially under muscles I wanted To be a D do you think this is Possible?

Breast augmentation for petite women

Hi,

Thank you for your question. The answer to your question is yes; it is possible. However, is this the best choice for you long term? If your surgeon has decided to place the implant PARTIALLY under the muscles, this can only mean 2 things. 1, that you are too saggy to place the implants completely under the muscle or to avoid all the scars associated with a breast lift. 2, or that the implants are too large for you and the muscle must be cut to allow them to fit. Either way, by cutting the muscle, the support system for the implant is weakened. A weakened muscle is more likely to allow the implant to fall through and become displaced. Revisionary surgery to put the implant back in place is in your future. Please consider a smaller implant that does not weigh very much to minimize your risk of malposition in the future. Remember that breast implants are not life time devices and are associated with risks and complications such as: chronic pain, nipple numbness, capsular contracture, skin stretch deformities, irreversible soft tissue damage, etc. Discuss these in detail with your PS. 

Best wishes and kind regards,

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Dimensional Augmentation

Thank you for your question. The implants which will fit you should coincide with your breast measurements. You can increase volume for your Base Width Diameter by adding projection. A higher projection implant on your frame will achieve a  larger cup. Other factors such as your existing anatomy/tissue will be assessed by your Plastic Surgeon. Ask them to review these details with you again. My patients also find it helpful to try on implant sizers in the office with a form fitting T-Shirt, in order to get an idea of how they will look.

All the best

Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision

I appreciate your question.

The size of implant best for you  is dictated by your chest wall measurements.  Once we determine that we can choose the profile based on what you want or need to achieve.  If you are seeking a natural look, then the diameter of the implant should be equal to or, more ideally, smaller than the width of your breast. The breast width is a measurement of how wide your breast is at the base, which should be measured at the level of the nipple. Choosing an implant that is smaller in diameter than your breast width will avoid the "side breast" fullness that is often associated with a more artificial appearance.  Other than that, you should choose the implant based on volume, not on the dimensions of the implant. You should choose a board certified plastic surgeon that you trust to help guide you in this decision.  

Silicone will give you a fullness at the top (upper pole fullness).

Silicone implants come pre-filled with a silicone gel and are the softest implant available. They feel more natural, which makes them a good option for women with less natural breast tissue; but they require a larger incision. It may be more difficult to realize if this type of implant has ruptured, so it is important to monitor them with annual follow-up visits. Additionally, because this implant contains a more liquid silicone (less cross-linked), if this implant should rupture, it will leak only into the scar capsule formed around the implant but may cause some discomfort or implant distortion.

Anatomic gummy bear implants might be a good choice to give you volume.

These highly-sought-after, anatomic implants offer a look that more closely resembles the natural silhouette of a breast, and, therefore, are a very attractive option for individuals seeking a natural-looking, aesthetic primary breast augmentation. Additionally, these implants are an especially excellent option for patients undergoing restorative or corrective breast surgery because they provide more stability, shape, and reduced incidence of capsular contracture. Compared to other types of silicone gel implants, the silicone in the cohesive gel implant is more cross-linked; therefore, should the implant shell “rupture,” it maintains its shape and silicone does not leak.

During your breast augmentation consultation, you should feel the different types of implants available, and try on various implant sizers in front of a mirror to help you to get an idea of how you will look following the surgery. You should also bring pictures of the look you would like to achieve, as well as a favorite top to wear when trying on implant sizers.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Breast augmentation: Consider a D look rather than a D cup

In addition to a consultation and the recommendation by your surgeon, I suggest you keep in mind that the ultimate size you are requesting – a D cup – should rather be a D look. A woman with a petite frame needs less volume to have a bigger look (maybe a C cup to look like a D). A woman with a larger frame might need more; possibly a DD to have a D cup look. Hope this is helpful. For more information on this and similar topics, I recommend a plastic surgery Q&A book like "The Scoop On Breasts: A Plastic Surgeon Busts the Myths." Good luck to you.

Ted Eisenberg, DO, FACOS
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Choosing breast implants.

Thank you for this question. The decision for a specific breast implant size should be made based on the measurements of your breasts and the ability of your tissues to handle the volume and weight. I also prefer to use volume sizers in order to let patients "see into the future" about the possible results. Best, Dr. ALDO

Aldo Guerra, MD

Best breast implants for me?

Thank you for the question. Despite your good description of body type and goals, online consultants will not be able to provide you with specific enough advice to be truly helpful. Ultimately, careful communication of your goals (in my practice I prefer the use of goal pictures, direct examination/communication in front of a full-length mirror, in bra sizers, and computer imaging)  as well as careful measurements (dimensional planning) will be critical.

***Given that your surgery is coming up soon, I would suggest that you spend additional time communicating your goals/concerns directly with your plastic surgeon, preferably prior to the date of surgery.

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. ***Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 

In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. For example, 

I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "D cup” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.

Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate. Again, the use of computer imaging has been very helpful during the communication process, in our practice.

3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery, after the use of temporary intraoperative sizers.

I hope this (and the attached link, dedicated to breast augmentation surgery concerns) helps. Best wishes. 

Close

Your surgeon has the best opportunity to choose the best breast implants to meet your goal size for your breast augmentation.  I would say that 340cc breast implant will be close to a D-cup but it is only a guess.  It really depends on what your definition of a D-cup.

Best Wishes,

Nana Mizuguchi, MD

Nana N. Mizuguchi, MD, FACS

Breast Augmentation - Size Selection

Thank you for your question. "Tissue based planning" relies on your chest and breast measurements and is the safest way to ensure good long term results. Your surgeon should determine what size and projection are necessary to give you your desired result based on your body's measurements. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic breast surgery. Hope this helps and good luck with your surgery.

Choosing the right breast implant

Thank you for asking about your breast augmentation.

• It is important to not think in terms of cup sizes because they vary.
  • Rather, I think of the 'look' a cup size gives - an a being smaller than normal, a D being larger than normal.
  • At your height and weight, I would think a 340 cc implant will definitely make you larger than normal, giving you a "D" cup look. 
  • If you are in doubt though, ask to discuss your decision with your surgeon, not just the consultant if in the UK the consultant means what it does here - a woman helping you make the decision who is not your surgeon.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Seeking breast augmentation

Discuss your breast width and the width of the breast implants you are considering with your surgeon. This will help obtain a proper sized implant for your chest. High profile implants have a more narrow width than others and can provide a larger volume with more projection.