Should I use antiperspirant?
Doctor Answers 4
Hyperhidrosis Treatment(s) - Other Things Besides Antiperspirants Directly to the Face
It is possible for you to get an acne breakout on the face from topical antiperspirant, but not hidradenitis suppurativa. The face has eccrine sweat glands, not apocrine sweat glands. Hidradenitis does not affect the face.
Other treatment options besides antiperspirants include:
- ETS Surgery, Endoscopic Thoracic Sympathectomy Surgery
- Botox Cosmetic which lasts for months and needs repeated (injections)
- INFINI which uses radiofrequency to reduce sweat gland density
- MiraDry which uses microwaves to reduce sweat gland density
- Ultherapy which uses ultrasound to reduce sweat gland density
I hope this at least gives you a basis to further research and learn more information.
To determine what might best suit your needs, see two or more experienced, licensed and board-certified providers in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have hyperhidrosis treatment for excessive sweating.
I hope this helps.
Craniofacial hyperhidrosis treatment options
Read my ebook about craniofacial hyperhidrosis on the link below. It is a FREE access ebook.
Dr H Karamanoukian