Advice on breast revision; do I need pocket repair? (Photo)

I had revision on my breasts 5 months ago to repair pockets,the surgeon gave me uplift but they still sag badly to the side :-( I've spoken to him and he says there is nothing wrong but multiple other surgeons I have seen since said the pockets need tightening,lateral repair as they shift all over the place and i can move them.The surgeon also said he would put them over but put them under so I have bad flex issues too.

Breast implants fall out to the side

Thank you for your question about your breast implants.
  • I am sorry you are facing a third surgery but I think you may need to change surgeons -
  • If your surgeon thinks your result is fine and if s/he didn't put your implants as you requested.
  • Your revision could include placing the implants over the muscle, correcting the flex issue as well. 
  • It s essential that your implants fit your chest -
  • If they are too large for your chest, smaller implants should be placed -
  • Excessively large implants will tend to work their way out to the side, no matter how many revisions you have.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Best wishes. Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Pocket revision

Thank you for your question.  Based on your information and photo, it does appear that you would benefit from a lateral pocket revision that would help bring your implants closer to the midline.  Be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck!

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Pocket Revision

Yes, based on the information you have shared, you would be a candidate for pocket revision.  You may have week tissue and need support from an ADM ( strattice) for reinforcement.  It is important to discuss these issues during an in person consult with a highly experienced board certified plastic surgeon.  The implant can be repositioned at the same operation.  Best wishes.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Advice on breast revision; do I need pocket repair?

I am sorry to hear about your concerns after breast surgery. Although some “falling to these sides” of breast implants is quite normal when you lie down, if this occurs “excessively”, it may be a concern to patients. This phenomenon is called lateral displacement of the breast implant; it may be of concern from the visual and the discomfort standpoints. Surgical correction is an option.
Generally, the lateral breast implant displacement can be corrected using an internal suture technique, decreasing the size of the pockets and moving the implants toward the midline. In my practice, I use it to layered suture technique to close off the space laterally (towards the axilla). The use of acellular dermal matrix is an option ( although not usually necessary) especially if significant implant rippling/palpability is present.
I hope this (and the attached link) helps.