Advice on breast revision; do I need pocket repair? (Photo)
Doctor Answers 4
Breast implants fall out to the side
- I am sorry you are facing a third surgery but I think you may need to change surgeons -
- If your surgeon thinks your result is fine and if s/he didn't put your implants as you requested.
- Your revision could include placing the implants over the muscle, correcting the flex issue as well.
- It s essential that your implants fit your chest -
- If they are too large for your chest, smaller implants should be placed -
- Excessively large implants will tend to work their way out to the side, no matter how many revisions you have.
Best wishes. Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS
You might also like...
Advice on breast revision; do I need pocket repair?
Generally, the lateral breast implant displacement can be corrected using an internal suture technique, decreasing the size of the pockets and moving the implants toward the midline. In my practice, I use it to layered suture technique to close off the space laterally (towards the axilla). The use of acellular dermal matrix is an option ( although not usually necessary) especially if significant implant rippling/palpability is present.
I hope this (and the attached link) helps.
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.