Is it better to action hair loss early?

I guess the obvious answer is yes but my issue is a receeding hairline and very thinning hair. I am 32 and it is starting to become an issue with my confidence. Do I simply wait until it gets worse before considering a transplant?

Early Action

The ideal solution is a combination of both surgical and non surgical treatment. In order to regain your confidence, a hair transplant procedure will definitely help as it will increase the density of your balding areas and it is possible to bring your hairline closer to what it used to be. To complement your hair transplant results it is important to maintain the existing hair follicles via the use of topical (minoxidil) solutions and oral medication such as Finasteride. I recommend seeing a specialist so you can get examined and it can be determined which will work best for you.

The sooner the better

I will consider adding some more non-surgical treatments such as Rogaine, Propecia, Laser Therapy or PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma) to keep your existing hair and reduce the rate of hair loss. The more things you do to prevent hair loss  the better. Also,  you could be a potential candidate for an FUE Hair Transplant. Only through a consultation we can properly evaluate your case and decide what will be the best treatment to achieve your goals. 
Best of lucks and I hope you find this helpful.

William Yates, MD
Buffalo Grove Hair Restoration Surgeon

Is it better to action hair loss early?

I would like to give some good information and a simple web link below for more information. The first line of action to halt hair loss is to get on a medication called finasteride (aka Propecia). You would need to be evaluated by a reputable hair restoration surgeon to make sure this medication is right for you. In most men, finasteride will keep you from losing more hair. You would have to be on this for life however and if you stopped taking it, then your hair loss would continue as it is now. This is important to know because if you go to the next step; that being a hair transplant, to correct your hairline, you would not want to continue to lose hair behind the transplant. So it is important to understand that you can get a hair transplant now or later depending on how you feel individually. Would you be happy with simply stopping your hair loss now with finasteride. Or has it gotten to a paoint where you believe a hair transplant would make you feel better.

William Woessner, MD
New Orleans Hair Restoration Surgeon

Early hair loss treatment v

The earlier you start doing something, the more follicles you will save from loss.  There are a lot of options including minoxidil, finasteride, laser, PRP injections and, of course, hair transplantation.  Talk with a reputable experienced hair transplant surgeon and put a plan of action together.

Gregory Pistone, MD
Cherry Hill Dermatologist

Hair loss at 32

This is a good age for a hair transplant. The drug finasteride may have value if there is miniaturization present in the balding areas.

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon