Can I achieve good results with my tuberous asymmetrical breasts? (Photo)

I have been to one consultation and the surgeon suggested having a combined surgery of breast implants with an uplift/mastopexy to correct my tuberous breasts. However I am not keen on having the anchor scars , can I achieve good results with an alternative method ? I also hate my puffy nipples. I will be planning on booking another consultation with another surgeon but wanted some opinions. So unhappy with my tuberous breasts! Many thanks in advance.

How to achieve the best results with tuberous breasts

Many thanks for posting your questionPersonally, my approach to tuberous breasts avoids the anchor scar. I would enlarge the breasts with an implant or fat grafting, and address the puffy nipples with a procedure that leaves a scar around the areola only.There is no need to rush into surgery, so it sounds like you are doing the right thing by planning other opinions. You need to be 100% comfortable with the proposed surgical plans, and understand the outcomes achievable (which can be excellent nowadays).Good luck

Tuberous breasts

HiThe short answer is yes, but you need a periareoplar lift (scar around the nipple only), as well as a breast augmentationIt's a fairly common procedure, done as a day case with consistently good results if done properly.You need to see a respectable surgeon for further details

Good luck

Can I achieve good results with my tuberous asymmetrical breasts?

Thank you for the question and pictures. Short answer: yes, beautiful outcomes are achievable.  Key will be careful selection of plastic surgeon,  careful communication of goals, and skilled execution of the procedure.  The longer answer:
I think your breast photos do demonstrate most of the characteristics seen with tuberous (constricted) breasts. For example, the distance from the areola to inframammary folds seems to be tight and relatively short. Your inframammary folds seem to be widely spaced from the midline of your chest. The areola do demonstrate some features associated with tubular breast such as an increased width and “puffiness”.

Generally, correction of tuberous breast anomalies involves breast augmentation with areola reduction / mastopexy procedure. The distance from the inframammary fold is increased (to create a more rounded out appearance). Proper implant positioning improves the distance (cleavage) between the breasts. The areola reduction helps to treat the pointed and "puffy" appearance of the areola.

In your case, if the appearance/shape/size of the breasts are a concern, you may be an excellent candidate for corrective surgery. In my practice, I would certainly recommend the use of silicone gel breast implants placed in the sub muscular (dual plane) position.  Sometimes, based on careful physical examination and careful communication of goals, I find a two-staged approach helps minimize  risks of complications and improve final aesthetic outcomes.
When you are ready, please make sure you consult with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons who have significant (demonstrable) experience with this type of surgery. There are a lot of factors to consider when making recommendations; for example your life circumstances ( planned pregnancies, psychosocial situation…) and tolerance for scars are factors that should be taken into consideration by you and your plastic surgeon.  Patient should be aware that the final result will take months to see and that they will need to be patient and that revisionary surgery is more likely than in patients who do not present with tuberous (constricted) breasts.  The good news:  in our practice, some of our happiest patients have been patients who have started out with constricted/tuberous breasts. I hope this, and the attached link (dedicated to corrective surgery for patients with tuberous/constricted breasts) helps. You will find a separate page, on the same website ("cases of the week"  demonstrating relevant/recent cases. Best wishes.

Breast Implants/Breast Augmentation/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision Surgery

Thank you for your question. Constricted or tubular breasts tend to be too narrow with a breast crease that is too high. Tight ring-like bands of tissue around the areolae and nipples may create the appearance of protruding or puffy areolae. A higher than normal breast crease may make your nipples appear to be too low or down pointing. Constricted breast features can be very mild or severe. In fact, mild variations are relatively common. To summarize, the features can include:
  •          Inframammary fold (breast crease) too high
  •          Inframammary fold misshapen
  •          Breasts too narrow (disproportionately narrow base width)
  •          Insufficient breast skin
  •          Constricted or tubular shape, resulting from tight bands of tissue within breasts
  •          Protruding or bulging appearance of areolae (pigmented area around nipples)
Improvement is possible and generally includes a breast augmentation, sometimes combined with a lift (mastopexy). The lift is usually limited to an incision around the areolae. During the procedure, I release the tight, constricting bands from the inside, allowing the skin to expand properly. I also lower the inframammary fold to a more ideal position and improve its shape. Breast implants help create the right amount of volume and improve breast contours, resulting in a more rounded or tear drop shape. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon