2 weeks post op, I've knocked my left breast and it's swollen. Have I done any damage?

I didn't hit it very hard but it's swollen and a bit harder.

Doctor Answers 5

Breast Injury

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
If you note changes such as the breast being harder or more swollen you should have yourself examined in person to rule out problems. I recommend that you contact your Plastic Surgeon.
All the best

Exam needed, see your BC plastic surgeon

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Hello and thank you for your question, and I wish you a speedy recovery. The pain and discomfort you are experiencing may be a contusion. It is difficult to say without a follow up and examination. It is best to see you plastic surgeon for a follow up appointment so he/she can fully evaluate your concerns.                                      Best Wishes,                                                                                                                                                      Benjamin J. Cousins M.D. Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Benjamin J. Cousins, MD
Miami Beach Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 10 reviews

In person exam required

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
The swelling is concerning.  This is something that needs to be evaluated in person by the surgeon that performed the operation.

2 weeks post-op

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Hello and thank you for your question. Given your history it would be best to schedule an appointment with your surgeon to evaluate your breasts. The biggest concern if there is a difference in the size of the breast would be a hematoma. Best Wishes Theo Nyame MD 

Theodore Nyame, MD
Charlotte Physician

Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
I appreciate your question. Since there has been a change in your post op course, please contact your surgeon so he/she can examine you and recommend the most appropriate treatment plan at this time.The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.