1 month after rhinoplasty. Will my nose drop? (Photo)

I had my rhinoplasty 1 month ago and i still have an upturned nose my face still swollen and even my upper lip ! Will it drop down more ?? Please help

Be patient

The nose is positioned upward and even taped up to keep it in a good position knowing that a tiny bit of drop often occurs in the months after rhinoplasty. It is much too early to judge yet -which is why your surgeon may have told you before surgery not to get concerned early because it takes up to a year for the nose to reach it's final shape and position. Be patient. The swelling will resolve too :)

San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

1 month post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.

Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity.
In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months.
To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you.
Kind regards, 
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-  

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question and photographs.

It is important to consult with your surgeon about any questions or concerns you may have so they can give you a physical examination. You are extremely early in your recovery period and your nose will begin healing and changing, this will continue over the course of a year to year and a half. At this point, it is hard to determine whether the appearance is due to swelling or not. Swelling can cause the appearance of unevenness, enlargement or a turned up nasal tip. It takes 6 months for 90% of the swelling to resolve after a rhinoplasty. During this waiting period, several treatment options can reduce the swelling. First, post-operative taping is imperative to decrease swelling and mold the shape of the nose. This can be performed for a minimum of 2 weeks with recommendations commonly for 3 months. Second, a short course of oral steroids (Medrol dose pack) can be beneficial in the early stages to decrease swelling and pain. Third, I commonly use a dilute solution of Kenalog with Marcaine to decrease swelling of the nasal tip. If after 12-18 months, you are still unhappy with your results, I would contact your surgeon or a board certified plastic surgeon for a revision.
Best of luck in your recovery!
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon