How to sort out one eye being smaller than the other, and also the eye moving inwards? (Photo)

Doctor Answers 2

Asymmetry, one eye turning inward

You may have natural asymmetry of the eyes, or mild ptosis on the right. Examination of the movement of the eyes and the eyelids is very important to make a diagnosis. The eyes naturally converge (turn in slightly) when focusing on a near object - but you may have a mild esophoria. An Oculoplastic surgeon could help you with a diagnosis and suggest management. Best wishes.

Charlottesville Oculoplastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 7 reviews


Thank you for your question. Blepharoplasty, or eyelid surgery, can address the appearance of one eye being larger than the other. I suggest that you consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon.

Best wishes,

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.7 out of 5 stars 116 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.