Is it safe to do tummy tuck during caesarean section

Is it safe to do tummy tuck during caesarean section?

Tummy tuck during c-section

You should definitely wait until your body returns to normal after having a baby before considering a tummy tuck.  Your results would be much better and there would be less risks involved.

El Paso Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck and Caesarean Section

I do not think it is advisable to combine these two procedures.  Your best option is to recover from the delivery, return to a stable post-partum weight and then seek consultation from a board-certified plastic surgeon.

Richard Kofkoff, MD, FACS
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

You will do much better with a tummy tuck at a later date. The infection risk is higher the complication rate is higher and the cosmetic improvement is superior after the tissue have healed and matured.

Stephen M. Davis, MD, FACS
Green Hills Plastic Surgery

Thank for your question!
For the best result, you must wait to fully recover from the C section. There are more risks if both procedures are make at the same time. Meanwhile,try to lose the weight you gained when you were pregnant.
Have a nice day!

Yily De Los Santos, MD

Most experienced plastic surgeons would not perform a tummy tuck at the time of a C-section. The cosmetic results are not as good as when the tummy tuck is done at a later time and the potential complication rate is lower.

I would suggest that you find a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) that you trust and are comfortable with. If you live outside of the United States, the surgeon should ideally be a member of the International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ISAPS).  You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Safety of TT during c section

You'll get a better result and the procedure will be safer if you have the tummy tuck once you are fully recovered from the c section and your pregnancy.

Tummy tuck at time of cesarean

This has been studied and the conclusion is that it is best to wait until after your cesarean.  There is less infection rate and better results as you lose your baby weight. Best wishes.  

No tummy tuck with C-section

The conditions during a caesarean section are not conducive to the performance of the tummy tuck operation.

Wait for your tummy tuck after C section

A C section will be performed when your body is maximally expanded from your pregnancy.  You need to wait at least 6 months after your body recovered from pregnancy so that your body gets closer to its pre pregnancy state.  You will get a better and longer lasting overall result.

I hope this helps,

Alex Campbell, MD

Safety of section and tummy tuck

Thank you for your question. The question is really not one of safety, as its likely just to save to have this procedure done at the same time. The results however I like it better if you wait until the uterus has shrunk (at least two months)before having an abdominoplasty. 

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS