I have done the FUE treatment 2 years ago and i am satisfied with results.

I have done FUE treatment 2 years ago and I'm happy and satisfied with the results , but all of sudden since few weeks(3-4 weeks) I 'm started losing hair on my scalp area and also it has become thin on the both scalp and crown area, I cannot make out whether I am losing transplanted or non transplanted hair..But my friend noticed that there are minute /tiny hairs are there on my scalp looks like they are newly grown...I am using Minoxdil 5% since transplant.... Thanks

If you are satisfied with your results, then that is a great thing. If you are now concerned about more hair loss go back to se

If you are satisfied with your results, then that is a great thing.  If you are now concerned about more hair loss go back to see your doctor.

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

2 years after FUE with good results

Now you are losing hair. You must recognize that genetic hair loss is a progressive process and men are moving targets with regard to hair replacement and hair loss.  

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Hair loss after a hair transplant

Hair loss is a life long process.  It happens in stages.  You often have a sudden thinning like falling off a cliff.  That's normal.  The small hairs probably represent progressive miniaturization and you will need to consider more grafting to keep up with the loss.  Just remember that no one has enough hair to get full coverage in the front and crown.  Body hair can help to level the playing field, but body hair does not work in all individuals and when it does, the appearance is often unsettling to individuals.

John P. Cole, MD
Atlanta Hair Restoration Surgeon

Post transplant hair loss

Great question.  The best way to figure out exactly what is going on is to be seen by a hair care expert.  They may need to look at your scalp under magnification and, while unlikely, even take a biopsy if there is any sign of unusual hair loss or scalp changes.  There are certainly many reasons why this could be going on, even further progression of the already standing male pattern hair loss which you had before.  Best of luck.

Miguel Mascaro, MD
Delray Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Losing hair again post transplant

There are quite a few reasons why people lose hair many years post transplant. Be sure to see your surgeon first. Blood tests and possibly a biopsy could be in order.