Please help, I am not happy with my Mommy Makeover results, what do I do? (photos)

Full TT with muscle repair/lipo/breast aug 10 months ago. TT scar at ends healed ok, but loose skin on hips. Bulges on hips. New belly button is to far over one side, scar wide & purple. TT scar in centre is dark & high, sits above underwear. Pubic area pulled up tight & now hair above underwear. Tum above oscar is hard/sticks out. One breast is bigger. Dr wants to lower centre scar. Clinic called to schedule revision, under local & said to pay 550USD for consumables. What to do?

When to Consider Revision Surgery for a Mommy Makeover

Your #healing will continue for 2-3 months following your #Augmentation or #AugmentationMastopexy procedure. There may be some swelling, bruising, malposition, color differences. Sensation will be abnormal. Scars will also be changing.

But, it can be up to one year see your final result. Your doctor may require you to move or massage the implants within the breast pockets during the #postoperative period. #Textured implants do not require breast massage. You will be informed about this at your post-operative visit. 
Also, the two breasts commonly heal quite differently so #assymetry is not unusual. One breast may swell more, feel more uncomfortable, or have a different initial shape. After complete #healing, they will be more similar and natural. You must have patience, but if this causes concern, ask questions of the doctor or the nursing staff.
Information that you read online may not apply to your personal situation. All surgical procedures carry some degree of #risk. Always discuss your issues and concerns with the Plastic Surgeon during and following your consultation.The suitability of your procedures and any specific risks may be determined during you #consultation. Also, another element to a satisfying result of your procedures are realistic #expectations. It may be best to wait up to one year to consider #revision surgery.

Mommy make-over - not pleased but not sure what to do.

Thank you for asking about your mommy make-over.

• I am sorry you are disappointed -
  • I would post-pone your revision until you get a second opinion from a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon -
  • Even if your present surgeon is one.
  • A few things to know first - your breasts did not match before surgery so they also will not match now.
  • Your own body, not the surgery, determines the redness of the scars - 
  • It may be difficult to lower the tummy tuck scar -
  • You may need extensive liposuction of the stomach and skin tightening. 
  • At the second opinion review every area of concern and get a list of what can be improved, what can't and what treatment is suggested.
  • Then return to your original surgeon to see if s/he can do this for your at a reduced cost -
  • If not, have your second opinion surgeon do the surgery if s/he is willing to do so.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Unhappy with results

There is no harm in seeking a second opinion from a board certified plastic surgeon.  You need to feel comfortable with the plan for the revision before proceeding.

Camille Cash, MD

Dr derby

Thank you for your question and the photos. i would look for a second opinion with another surgeon to see what he or she recommends you. Best of luck

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

Mommy Makeover

You need to find a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to do the revision.

The  abdomen needs a full redo and you will have new scars where the belly button is moved. The abdominoplasty needs to lower the incision if you have enough skin to do so.

The breast needs revision or at least different implant.