Full Tummy Tuck & Breast Augmentation results. Does my surgery look OK? (photos)

Does my surgery look OK? I am 3 weeks post op... Will the wrinkles near the tummy tuck scar smooth out? I still have quite a few big stretch marks.. What can I do to get rid of them?

3 Weeks Post Mommy Makeover

Healing is can differ per patient. Your healing will continue for 2-3 months for the early period. This includes some swelling, bruising, malposition, color differences. Sensation in the breasts may also be abnormal and scars will be evolve. Pain varies per person and medication to control #discomfort will be provided. Tingling, burning or shooting pains in the breasts will disappear with time and should not alarm you. It is simply a result of the regeneration of your sensory nerves. If these sensations cause pain, repeated, local self-massage per your surgeon's permission may help. Also, the two breasts commonly heal quite differently so #assymetry is not unusual. One breast may swell more, feel more uncomfortable, or have a different initial shape. After complete #healing, they will be more similar and natural. 

The healing after a  #tummytuck will require time. Some patients are out of bed and walking the night of surgery and every hour while awake. I allow my patients to return to work at one to two weeks with 14 days preferred.  However, no lifting or straining.  At three weeks, increased level of activity and full with no restrictions, at 6 weeks. It can be up to one year see your final result. If you have concerns about your healing, or pain that you question to be unusual, it is important to call your plastic surgeon to discuss these further asked to be examined.

Results

So far, so good. But you are literally in the infancy of your recovery so it is way too soon to judge your results. It may take up to 6 months for your final results. Be patient and kind to yourself as your body heals. 
My best,
Dr. Sheila Nazarian
@drsheilanazarian on Instagram

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Mommy makeover results

Thank you for your question and photos.  At only three weeks post-op, you are still in the beginning stages of the healing process.  Over the next few months, your body will continue to heal and swelling should go down.  Right now, it is too soon to judge your results and you need to closely follow your surgeon's instructions as you move forward in the healing process to ensure optimal results.  Unfortunately the stretch marks you have cannot be removed.

Dr. Results
Miami, FL

Early Results After Mommy Makeover

Thank you for your question, and the pictures.

You have a nice result early after your surgery, and the wrinkling/pleating will go away with time.  Stretch marks are permanent (unless they are cut out), but their appearance may be able to be improved with microneedling or energy devices (lasers, radiofrequency).  Best to talk with your surgeon about these options.

Full Tummy Tuck & Breast Augmentation results. Does my surgery look OK?

Thank you for your question. Overall you are healing well per your pictures. Wrinkles at TT scar will smooth out. Please follow your PS instructions.

Mommy makeover result

Thanks for your question and photos.
It seems like you have a good early result.  Overall abdominal contour (as well as pleating) will improve in next 3-6 months.
Microneedling may help with stretch marks; however, it will no remove stretch marks completely.
Good luck with your continued recovery.

Post Surgery

Hello and thank you for your question. Your result is transformative. It  will continue to improve with time. The puckering you see is skin that was gathered to minimize the length of your scar. It will continue to flatten anf the pleats or puckering will go away. Your breasts look full and with the implants settling this will further pendulum your nipples higher on the mound. Enjoy your new shape.

3 weeks post op

Wow, what a huge change!! You are early in your healing process so just give yourself adequate time to heal to allow ALL the swelling to resolve and to let the implants drop and settle some. For the tummy, it can take a good 6 months to a year for you to see your final results. Continue following your surgeon's post op protocol so you get the best possible results. Good luck!!!

Mommy Makeover

The pleating in the abdominoplasty will improve with time. The stretch marks will not go away, there is no good way to treat stretch marks. I just wish the abdominoplasty incision was a little lower.

The breast difficult to assess now.

Does my surgery look OK?

It looks amazing!
Your doctor minimized your scar laterally and that is why you have a few small wrinkles that would smooth out with time.
Congratulations on your excellent result!

Mark Filstein, MD