Burn marks from laser treatment? (Photo)

Hi... i did a laser hair removal treatment and I got burn marks on my skin. It looks pretty bad! I'm really worried that it won't go away. Does this look like a permanent condit?

Burn marks from laser treatment?

Hi there and thank you for your question. This does look like a burn from the laser hair removal treatment. You should call your provider immediately for how to care for the area. On the positive side, with the right treatment plan the skin will heal and the pigmentation (dark marks) will go away over a period of time. Best of luck!

Laser hair removal burn

That is definitely not a normal reaction to laser hair removal!  You need to go back to the doctor who provided the service for treatment to minimize any permanent changes.  It is not likely to scar (based on what I can see in the photo), but you may have pigment differences in that area compared to the rest of your skin.  Early treatment of the area could help speed healing and decrease the risk of skin changes.

Suzan McGary, MD
Williamsport Thoracic Surgeon

Burn from laser hair removal

This is a burn indeed. I would seek immediate attention from your provider. I don't see blister which is a good sign. There will be pigmentation differences that can last several months, and possibly even longer. Treatment now will help prevent future problems or at least lessen the effects of the burn. Either the wrong laser was used or wrong settings. I'm sorry this has happened to you.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Its ok..

Yes you do have burn marks, however, you should be fine once treated.  It will take time for the burn marks to disappear so give it at least 6 months.  Please see your doctor to start treatment right away.

Andre Aboolian, MD

Burn from laser

Hi and I am sorry that this happened to you. It looks like a burn but as there is no blister is is unlikely that makes scars. Hyper pigmentation can happen and it usually takes a few month To go away . I highly suggest to call your physician for skincare instruction 

Reza Akef, MD
Toronto Physician