In a Typical Spair Mastopexy, is Augmentation Required?

I am NOT asking if I can receive Breast augmentation as well. I am asking if the 'normal' SPAIR procedure uses augmentation to help shape the new breasts.

Breast lift and implants

A breast lift procedure does not always need an implant as long as there is enough tissue to lift and make a nice shape.

Breast lift does not require breast implants.

Hi.

With any kind of breast lift, breast implants are absolutely not required. With a good internal lift alone, you can get good long term shape. Implants are only if you want to be bigger.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

The spair procedure does not "normally" entail breast augmentation

the spair procedure does not normally include or necessitate a breast augmentation.  whether implants are placed or not should be up to the patient's pre-existing anatomy and desires.

Breast augmentation

In my experience there is no "normal" regareing breast size. Each patient has their own goals, and breast tissue volume they start with. An augmentation maybe done at the same surgical time, which has a lovely result. However, mastopexy alone can be just as lovely. Only you can decide what is best for you.

Rodger Wade Pielet, MD (in memoriam)

Does Spair mastopexy include augmentation?

Hi Darska1.

The SPAIR procedure is used in breast reduction, as described by Dr. Dennis Hammond of Michigan. It is not associated with augmentation.

Their is no typical SPAIR procedure for mastopexy, although some of the principles of SPAIR could certainly be applied to mastopexy as well.

Hope this helps.

Tracy Pfeifer, MD