What is this type of red spot called, and what options are there to remove it? (photo)

This red spot on my hand has been driving me crazy. I did some research but it doesn't seem to match the examples of "cherry hemangiomas" that I've seen. What is it, and how can I get rid of it?

Cherry Angiomas

The little "red spot" on your hand is a cherry hemangioma which can be easily removed with a cautery or laser.  It will take one treatment and will be healed quickly.

Tiny red spots are so easy to remove.

It appears to be a baby angioma which will only get bigger with time. It is so easy to get zapped and it is magically gone. Cost is roughly $150-200. Sincerely, David Hansen,MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Spider angioma

Spider angiomas are very common and often resolve on their own.  They can be easily treated by a dermatologist with cautery or laser.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist