What is this type of red spot called, and what options are there to remove it? (photo)

This red spot on my hand has been driving me crazy. I did some research but it doesn't seem to match the examples of "cherry hemangiomas" that I've seen. What is it, and how can I get rid of it?

Doctor Answers 3

Cherry Angiomas

The little "red spot" on your hand is a cherry hemangioma which can be easily removed with a cautery or laser.  It will take one treatment and will be healed quickly.

New York Dermatologist
5.0 out of 5 stars 78 reviews

Tiny red spots are so easy to remove.

It appears to be a baby angioma which will only get bigger with time. It is so easy to get zapped and it is magically gone. Cost is roughly $150-200. Sincerely, David Hansen,MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon
4.7 out of 5 stars 43 reviews

Spider angioma

Spider angiomas are very common and often resolve on their own.  They can be easily treated by a dermatologist with cautery or laser.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist
5.0 out of 5 stars 22 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.