Rough estimate cost to correct (Photo)

I've gave more details on my situation in another question I've posted, but essential my anterior nasal spine and septum cartilage is very over grown. I do not wish to correct anything except this problem. So if I were to have the excess cartilage and bone trimmed to increase the angle between my nose and upper lip rough what should I expect to pay?

Tip plasty is an incomplete rhinoplasty

Performing  a tip-plasty on your nose will leave the nose unbalanced since it is an incomplete rhinoplasty procedure. Performing a nasal spine resection and removal of the hanging columella may drop the projection  of themtip, therefore giving the appearance of the larger dorsal hump. It is much better to undergo a full rhinoplasty procedure for best results. For more information and  many before-and-after examples similar to your own, please see the link and the video below

How to correct your concern

Hi Troy,  You need to have a consultation before cost can be determined.  At consultation the cause of the appearance of the columellarlabial angle and its treatment would be determined.  I do not think excess bone and cartilage is the cause unless there is a palpable hard fullness in that area.

William H. Sabbagh, MD
Detroit Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

Hello and thank you for your question. You have a good understanding of the anatomy of your caudal septum and nasal spine.  This is possible to improve with surgery.  The cost varies based on geographic region and surgeon expertise.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD