Is it normal to have a sharp pain on left breast when breathing in after BA under muscle ?

I had my surgery done a week ago & Yesterday I started having a sharp pain on my left breast when breathing in. I noticed if I held my breast a certain way or slept a certain way i didn't get that pain anymore.. Could it be pushing on a nerve it irritating the muscle? Is it something to be concerned about

Pain After Breast Aug

Dear karlamurray,

It is normal to have sharp pains and “zingers” for the first four or five months after breast surgery before it finally settles down and feels completely part of your body, so what you are experiencing is actually quite common.

I hope this has been helpful.

Robert D. Wilcox, MD

Sharp breast pain with deep breath

Thank you for your question. I would contact your surgeon and have them examine you. If your implants are under the muscle your implants are sitting on your rib cage. It's unlikely that your pain is from nerve irritation. Most likely your pain will go away with time but you should have it checked out. Good luck. 

Mehdi K. Mazaheri, MD

You are early in recovery after breast augmentation and the pain you describe can be expected. However it is best that you see your surgeon for an exam and not rely on internet advice.

Pain in breast

Thanks for your inquiry, but without an exam it is impossible to advise.  I suggest you call your surgeon to discuss.  Some pains are are normal, while others represent something more significant, good luck.  

Breast augmentation

Hello and thank you for your question. This may be nerve irritation like you have suggested but it could be something worst. I would suggest you speak to your surgeon about these concerns. 

Best Wishes

Theodore Nyame, MD
Charlotte Physician