I would like to get a tummy tuck and I was wondering the cost? (Photo)

I'm a 37 year old woman and I'm 5'8, weighing 243. I'm tying to lose weight but it goes up and down and messes with my health. I get depressed when I feel I don't have the energy. So I would like to know would I be a candidate for the surgery?

Tummy tuck cost

Thank you for your question.  Based on your height and weight, I would not consider you to be a good candidate for a tummy tuck at this time.  I suggest that you get your BMI at least below 30 or as close to 25 as possible before surgery.  The cost of tummy tuck surgery in our office starts around $6200.  As always, search out a well qualified board certified plastic surgeon for guidance and to discuss your options.  Best wishes!

I would like to get a tummy tuck and I was wondering the cost?

Thank you for your question.  Based on your weight and height, your body mass index (BMI) is about 37.  This is a bit high and puts at increased risk for surgical healing, anesthesia risks, blood clots (deep vein thrombosis) and a poor aesthetic result.  Try to get your BMI closer to 30 (around 200lbs) before proceeding.  Based on over 15900 realself reviews, the average price for a tummy tuck is $8100.  This will vary from region to region and surgeon to surgeon.  Be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck!

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Prices vary on location and surgeon experience. From photos alone you appear to be a candidate for a tummy tuck. I would recommend loosing more weight. Please consult with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your concerns and expectations.

Martin Jugenburg, MD

I would like to get a tummy tuck and I was wondering the cost

Thank you for submitting your question and photos.  Price varies from city to city.  The range for a tummy tuck with liposuction is between 8,000-12,000.   For best Tummy tuck results, i would recommend losing some weight.  Consult with a board certified Plastic Surgeon.  Best Wishes

Thank you for the question and pictures. Based on your photographs, you will likely be a good candidate for tummy tuck surgery at some point. Generally speaking, the “ideal” patient for tummy tuck surgery is one who has completed pregnancies, is psycho socially/emotionally/financially stable, has an excellent social support system surrounding him/her, is capable of arranging enough recovery time, does not smoke and who has reached a long-term stable weight.

When it comes to cost of surgery, there may be many “variables” involved. The specific surgeon's credentials/experience level (or lack thereof), the specific geographic area you are looking at, the different operations available, the location of the procedure ( quality of surgery facility), type/quality of anesthesia provider… are some of the potential variables involved.

In regards to outcome of the planned procedure, more important than costs of the procedures will be careful selection of your plastic surgeon. I would suggest starting with the American Society of Plastic Surgery and/or the Aesthetic Society of Plastic Surgery to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.
Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices concentrate on aesthetic surgery. Ask to see lots of examples of their work and preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done.
Be very careful with your decision-making. You will find, while doing your due diligence, that there are many different “specialties” who will offer their services to you; again, I strongly recommend you concentrate on surgeons certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.
I would also suggest that you do not base your selection of plastic surgeon primarily on costs of surgery; keep in mind that revisionary surgery may be more costly in many ways. I hope this, and the attached link/video, helps.

Considering a tummy tuck

The tummy tuck procedure itself will not decrease your weight. At 5'8" and 243 pounds your body mass index is 36. Although this number is a bit on the high side, it is still reasonable to have your procedure performed with good results as long as you do not have any other significant medical problems. Since you are having difficulty losing the weight, I strongly recommend being seen by a board certified plastic surgeon who performs many body contouring procedures to evaluate you in person, and have a discussion regarding your goals and expectations. As far as pricing is considered, cheaper, as in many situations is not necessarily better. After seeing a board certified plastic surgeon, if you feel comfortable with that surgeon, then you will likely be in good hands. Also, ask to see their before and after pictures to get a sense of different results of patients with body types similar to yours. In the Houston area, the prices vary from office to office. Typically this ranges from 8,500-11,000$ depending upon additional factors such as how long the procedure will take and if additional liposuction is required etc.

Dr. Ravi Somayazula

Ravi Somayazula, DO
Sugar Land Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck - Cost?

Thank you for your question. Costs vary by geographic region and even surgeon to surgeon. Please see a board certified plastic surgeon for an in-person examination to discuss the specific details of the procedures. Ask to see before and after photos to get an idea of what can be achieved. It is best to select a surgeon you are comfortable with and has experience performing these procedures, not necessarily choosing the lowest price. Hope this helps!