Does any doctor in the Tyler area do a an enbloc total capsulectomy?

Pain in my breast for years - cohesive gel implants implanted in 09 after saline ones failed .

Enbloc total capsulectomy?

Thank you for the question.  En bloc breast implant removal refers to a procedure where the breast implant and the surrounding capsule is removed as a single unit.  The procedures is performed such that the  contents within the breast implant capsule do not come into contact with the surrounding tissues.  Generally, the procedure requires a longer incision (6-7 centimeter) usually in the inframammary fold, in my experience.  Also, in my experience, the procedure is more successful when capsules are thickened as opposed to when patients are very thin (normal) capsules.  Also,  sometimes complete capsulectomy is not safely possible;  for example, breast implants place in the sub muscular position may have a capsule that can be  densely adherent to the patient's rib cage. Removal of this posterior capsule can be potentially dangerous.

Generally speaking (in my opinion), unless the breast implant capsules have thickened (and/or are otherwise symptomatic), are associated with the ruptured silicone gel breast implants, or if the patient has concerns about "medical conditions" related to the breast implants, capsulectomy is not universally necessary. For these patients, en block removal of breast implants is a good procedure.

On the contrary (again), capsulectomy can expose patients to additional risks, such as bleeding, size loss, contour irregularities and other serious complications. In other words, any maneuver performed during surgery exposes patients to additional risk (morbidity). For example, attempting to remove very thin capsule densely adherent to the patient's rib cage may expose the patient to significant bleeding and/or entrance into the thoracic cavity.

I would suggest starting with the American Society of Plastic Surgery and/or the Aesthetic Society of Plastic Surgery to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.

Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices concentrate on aesthetic surgery. 

***Ask to see lots of examples of their work and preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done.

Be very careful with your decision-making. You will find, while doing your due diligence, that there are many different “specialties” who will offer their services to you; again, I strongly recommend you concentrate on surgeons certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.

You may find the attached link, dedicated to breast implant removal surgery concerns, helpful to you as you learn more. Best wishes.

Capsulectomy

Hi, Ellie 1
In most cases, we try to perform capsulectomy en bloc if feasible.
Please consult an experienced, board-certified plastic surgeon and learn about the procedure. 
Best regards.

#EnBlocCapsulectomy

Most board certified plastic surgeons offer en bloc total capsulectomies. As this can be challenging at time try to find the most experienced plastic surgeon for the job. See the below link on suggestions.
#BestPlasticSurgeonForCapsulectomy

En bloc total capsulectomy?

When removing implants and performing a capsulectomy, I believe that most (if not all) surgeons try to perform the capsulectomy en bloc (removing the implant and capsule in one large specimen).  However, occasionally under some circumstances, the dissection can be difficult and the capsule may be violated.  Since this is an intraoperative event, there is no way that a surgeon can guarantee that the capsule will not be violated -- no one can predict your anatomy or what they will find in the operating room.  I would suggest that you discuss this with a board certified plastic surgeon who will be able to examine you and further answer your questions.  Good luck!

Anureet K. Bajaj, MD
Oklahoma City Plastic Surgeon