Can I get a tummy tuck? I weigh 250.

I weigh 250, I am 5.10. When I loose weight the first things to go are my brest, butt and thighs, that I dont want to loose. The lowest I would want to be is 190_200. I know this surgery isnt a weight loss cure, I just hate my stomach and after my son. It is the only part of my body I feel distasteful about. Any recommendations.

Can I get a tummy tuck

As posted by other physicians, your complication rate is prohibitively high at your current weight. You would need to lose 45 lbs to be at a safe weight for surgery. However, even at a BMI of 30 you may not be happy with the cosmetic result. At a BMI of 30 you will still have extra intraabdominal fat which isn't touched with a tummy tuck. As a result, you will still have a round belly despite muscle tightening and skin excision. I would advise getting your BMI below 30 to minimize complications and maximize your cosmetic result.

Rochester Plastic Surgeon

Can I get a tummy tuck? I weigh 250.

At your height, you would likely be a good candidate after a few lbs of weight loss.   BMI is only one factor, and pictures to assess distribution are important to consider as well.

Can I get a tummy tuck? I weigh 250.

Thank you for the question. Generally speaking, it is always best to achieve long-term stable weight prior to proceeding with body contouring surgery. Doing so, will increase the safety of the operation, will likely improve the outcome of the operation, and will decrease chances that additional surgery will become necessary subsequently. In my practice, I do not ask specific patients to achieve a specific weight prior to proceeding with tummy tuck surgery. I simply ask patients to achieve a long-term stable weight where he/she feels comfortable and does not expect significant fluctuation postoperatively. As you know, recruiting other professionals such as personal trainers, nutritionists, physicians who specialize in weight loss concerns etc. may be helpful to you. Having said the above, occasional patients do benefit from panniculectomy surgery as a “jumpstart” to achieving their final goals. You may find the attached link, dedicated to patients who have experienced significant weight loss, helpful to you as you consider your options. Best wishes.

Tummy Tuck okay if you are 250 lbs and 5 ft 10 inches tall

Your height protects you.   If you were 5 ft tall it would not be okay to have a TT at 250.   You should do fine and  you can have the procedure at 250 lbs.   My Best,  Dr C

Tummy tuck at 250 pounds

Thank you for your question.  I understand your frustration.  I have performed many tummy tucks on patients who weigh more than 200 pounds.  I try to be realistic with patients.  If you suspect that you can lose 50 pounds, I would recommend that you lose 30-40 pounds then re consult with your surgeon.  However, if you are not going to lose weight, I would rather deal with your weight as it is.  This is what I refer to as an extended abdominoplasty which is more expensive because it takes longer to perform.

Weight , BMI & Tummy Tuck

Great question.  The best measurement of safety as it relates to weight is calculating your body mass index (BMI).  It rates your height and weight in a formal.  It is recommended that you get to at least below a BMI of 35 to have an abdominoplasty and this is talked about in a lot of the plastic surgery journals.  Complication rates go way up above the 35 number.  To even by safer it would be ideal to get below a BMI of 30.  Your current BMI is 35.9.  To get below the 35 (Your weight would be 240lbs) you would need to loose about 10 lbs.  To get below a BMI of 30 (Your weight would be 205lbs) you would need to loose about 45 lbs.  I hope this helps you with your decision!