Skin tightening: jaw lines. (photos)

What is the best treatment for skin tightening? What would you do with my face? I am 40 years old Thank you

Tightening Facial Skin

Based on the limited information provided, I can suggest some potential procedures that will diminish the appearance of these wrinkles and even reduce the rate of recurrence.

Chemical Peels: when repeated 3-5 times in 2-4 week intervals, peels can certainly lesson the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles under the eyes - especially if such imperfections are minimal.

Botox/Fillers: Increasingly popular among youthful audiences due to what some are calling "preventative botox", these methods have the potential to actually decrease your chances of needing further corrective procedures in the future. Botox Cosmetic is a brand of neuromodulator (other brands include Dysport® and Xeomin®). These treatments work by causing facial muscles to relax temporarily. Unlike Botox, fillers don’t relax facial muscles, but instead work to fill creases and “plump” the skin.

Platelet Rich Plasma Injections (PRP): In my opinion, this is one of the most unique procedures available in that we use the patients own blood to reverse the signs of aging. For PRP injections, we draw blood from the patient and use a process known as centrifugation to pull the plasma and platelets from the blood. The concentrated plasma is then reintroduced to the patients 'problem areas' via injection directly to the site. Not only does the gelatin-like mixture fill the fine lines and wrinkles, but the plasma also stimulates stem cells while reactivating collagen production to give the skin a youthful, plump look. Results are immediate and actually continue to smooth the skin for lasting improvement. PRP is great for younger candidates due to increased chance of acceptance/absorption of the plasma.

In any case, ask your doctor about the options available to you as there are a great deal of procedures that can assist in the dissipation of wrinkles, loose skin and fine lines.

In good health,

Dr. Berger

Beverly Hills Physician