Is a rhinoplasty outcome like this possible? (photos)

I am seriously considering rhinoplasty (among other surgeries) and am wondering if what I want is realistic? I would like it to be smaller overall, and straight. I feel like my nose is too masculine right now. Thank you in advance.

Rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question and photographs.

I would recommend scheduling a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in rhinoplasty so that they can perform a nasal examination and give you the best recommendations. The key is not to reduce the size of the nose to make it “smaller”, you want to reduce and refine your nose so it is proportional to the rest of your face. Based on your photographs, you may benefit from a tip rhinoplasty which includes trimming the lower lateral cartilages and placing precision sutures to refine the tip and make it look more pleasing along with shaving down excess cartilage or bone from the bridge. The combination of the two should help reduce the projection of your nose. I hope this helps.
Best of luck in your endeavors!
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Close rhinoplasty, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, I suggest perform a Closed Rhinoplasty (without visible scars) to treat the tip, base and nasal bridge.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Are My Rhinoplasty Expectations Realistic?

Your desire to reduce and straighten your crooked, asymmetrical, wide nose can be achieved with rhinoplasty surgery. I suggest you also consider decreasing your tip projection so you have a softer more feminine result.

Rhinoplasty candidate

A closed rhinoplasty approach can accomplish decreasing the projection of the nose, shaving down the dorsal hump, narrowing the bridge, narrowing the tip in addition to straightening the crooked nose. For more information  and many examples, please see the link and the video below

Is a rhinoplasty outcome like this possible?

Thank you for your question. Based on your pictures, you are an excelletn candidate and will benefit from a Rhinoplasty. We need to remove the dorsal hump and redifine the tip, but also we need to shorten the nose, narrow it since its a little wide as well as straighten it.  This will create a better balance in your face. I recommed that you look for a Board Certified Surgeon that has extensive experience on Rhinoplasty. Good luck

Franco R. Jacome, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty and Facial

Thanks for your post and sharing your concerns. Overall, I think that you would be an excellent candidate to consider an open refinement rhinoplasty and realistic goals would likely be even better than your depiction with a well planned surgery. The fact that your nose is also crooked suggests that there may be some internal structural issues with your septum and often insurance benefits may apply to correct the internal issues. A thorough and thoughtful consultation should be arranged with an experienced Facial Plastic Surgeon to examine you and discuss your concerns. In my view, a smaller and straighter nose would soften your features and provide improved facial harmony. Best Wishes. 

Fred J. Bressler, MD, FACS
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Is this possible with rhinoplasty?

Your concerns of narrowing the nose and straightening the nose are common issues patients present with when seeking rhinoplasty. The difference is how to artistically address the cartilages and a thick skin envelope to give you a great outcome. All these can be addressed with open structural rhinoplasty. We would be happy to meet with you for a consultation. 

Jose E. Barrera, MD, FACS
San Antonio Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty for refinement

rhinoplasty is certainly the best option to obtain the refinement to your nose that you are seeking. You can certainly address the shape, size, and balance of your nose all at the same time to provide you a lasting aesthetic result but also maintain excellent nasal breathing. I would recommend scheduling an in person consultation with a board certified facial plastic surgeon for a complete exam. you will then be able to discuss what options are best for you.

Best wishes 

Christian L. Stallworth, MD
San Antonio Facial Plastic Surgeon