Juvederm or Belotero for eye hollows? (photos)

Which one last longer and gives a more natural result?

Juvederm or Belotero for eye hollows?

Belotero® is the current gold standard treatment for filling the undereyes, where it can last up to 1 year. The best result is derived by getting treated by an expert filler injector, so please consult a board certified aesthetic dermatologist for a consultation.  

Miami Dermatologist

Under Eye Hollowness

Thank you for your question. While I use Juvederm very often I typically prefer Restylane for the tear trough region. It does depend on the individual and their anatomy. It is important to seek an experienced injector. Best wishes. 

Kathleen Morno, MD
Highland Park Physician

Filler for Eye Hollows

The most important decision is to choose an experienced and expert physician injector for the treatment who understands your goals and desired appearance. Each injector will have his or her preferences so you should allow the injector to choose the filler that he or she is most comfortable using to achieve your desired result.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Which filler to select for under eyes.

Good question. In order of preference for me: Restylane, Belotero, Juvederm....I like the first 2 because they have less of a tendency to rehydrate after a week or two (this means over-correct, or become a bump). I choose Restylane over Belotero because it has lidocaine mixed in, and the under eyes are a very sensitive area. Good luck, Dr. P.

Kaleroy Papantoniou, MD, FAAD
Long Island Dermatologic Surgeon

Juvederm for under eye

Personally I don't like juvederm under the eyes- it is very hydrophilic and can cause lots of swelling and tyndall effect.  We use Redensity II here with wonderful results.

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Tear trough Filler

Thank you for your question! Both Belotero and Juvederm are wonderful hyaluronic fillers.  Belotero is used mainly for superficial, fine wrinkles in the skin.  It has a much thinner consistency than Juvederm, and therefore is not used where volume needs to be restored.  Juvederm is excellent for restoring volume, especially under the eyes.  Restylane, also works well for this.  Belotero does not usually last as long as Juvederm.  Be sure to consult with a board certified injector for a full history and physical examination.  I hope that this helps!-David Gilpin

David Gilpin, MD
Nashville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Treatment of eye hollows

Restylane is my filler of choice for eye hollows.I would also not take advice, such as that below, from a plastic surgeon who states "Always be sure to see a board certified plastic surgeon".

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Products To Treat Tear Trough Lines

Thank you for your inquiry and for providing photos. Both Juvederm and Belotero are great products to treat your tear trough lines and hollows. As long as the technique is done correctly, both products will deliver great results. Restylane is also a great product. Always be sure to see a board certified plastic surgeon. Best of luck to you!

Tear trough filler

I never use Juvederm in this area. It often leads to edema that looks unnatural and needs to be removed. Belotero can be used here but lasts about 6 months. I use almost exclusively Restylane for this area and cannulas are a must in my opinion. 

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Belotero is shorter acting

Belotero is shorter acting than Juvederm.  Belotero more often is used very superficially rather than deep in the trough. Juvederm can be fine in the tear troughs as can Restylane.