Thigh lift - will the vaginal appearance change?
Thank you for asking about your thigh lift.
- This is a good question - because the vagina itself should not be affected but the tissues around it, the labia especially, can be.
- it depends on the kind of lift and how it is done.
- A medial thigh lift - with a long scar down the leg - should not pull on the labial tissues.
- But an inner thigh lift - the scar hidden in the groin crease - can if not done correctly.
- This lift looks easy - but a good result requiers special placement of strong sutures deep in a ligament in the groin - to avoid pulling down the labial tissues.
- So please be sure to have your surgery done by an experienced plastic surgeon whose practice is limited to cosmetic surgery.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS
Will the appearance of the labia change after a thigh lift?
At the end of a thigh lift, and most other body contouring procedures, the skin is closed under some tension. This could potentially lead to some distortion of the labia majora but it shouldn't if the technical aspects of the procedure are carefully planned. During your consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon, they should be able to elaborate on this and perhaps demonstrate in what direction the tension will be applied and how they will prevent the complication you are concerned about.
I will be having a thigh lift soon, does the appearance of the vagina change? Can it be avoided?
Thank you for sharing your question and congratulations on your upcoming surgery. With even the most powerful of thigh lifts there should be no change to the appearance of your vagina and your surgeon can provide you with additional reassurance. Hope this helps.