Follow-Up Question: How to find the best surgeon for a breast reduction revision?

My insurance has approved me to have a revision to my prior reduction. I am still too large at a 34f and the lift did not hold. Needed an anchor but was given short scar. I'm nearly at the 6mo mark. I want to choose a surgeon that is experienced with revisions. I don't want any more breast surgeries. What should I look for in particular? (Photos are posted in previous question)

How to find the best surgeon for a breast reduction revision?

Sorry to hear about your experience.  Be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon who is a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery.  Check their before and afters.  Good luck.

I am sorry to hear about your concerns after breast reduction surgery.I would suggest starting with the  American Society of Plastic Surgery and/or the Aesthetic Society of Plastic Surgery to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons. Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices concentrate on aesthetic surgery. ***Ask to SEE lots of examples of their work AND preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done.

It may be helpful if you request a copy of your operative report to share with your new plastic surgeon. Careful communication of your goals  will be key as well.  In my practice, I ask patients to NOT communicate in terms of achieving a specific cup size;  the use of goal photographs is very helpful.

Breast Lift /Breast Reduction/ Breast Augmentation/ Breast Implants/ Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants

I appreciate your question.
I would recommend that you go to The American Society of Plastic Surgery website and look for a list of board certified plastic surgeons in your area.  You can look at before/after pictures on their websites and Real Self pages prior to scheduling consultations. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon

Breast Reduction Surgeons

Thank you for your question.  I always recommend patients consult with a few board certified plastic surgeons, asked to see before and after photos and ask to talk to his or her patients. You'll know when you've found the right surgeon for you.  Best of luck with your search.

Rafi S. Bidros, MD, FACS