Do doctors assess facial asymmetry before a Cheek Implant procedure? (photo)

I had cheek implants inserted a month ago with a complication -- the tail end of the implant is visible below the cheek. My doctor first stated that the implant (fixed with screws) moved out of place. Then he turned around and said it was due to the asymmetries in the thickness of my facial tissues. If this is indeed the case, I would like to know if it is standard procedure for doctors to assess these asymmetries before starting the procedure? Thanks!

Cheek implants inserted a month ago with a complication -- the tail end of the implant is visible below the cheek.

Hi, I have performed many cheek augmentations using cheek implants.  From the photos the implant appears to be well below the malar bone and zygomatic arch.  You may want to get a second opinion and have the implant removed and replaced to a higher position.

Hope this helps.

Cheek Implant Asymmetry

Hi,

It looks like the tail edge of the implant bunched up in the cheek. This can happen if the implant pocket is not adequate to accomadate the implant. To revise it, you would need to remove the implant adjust the pocket and reinsert the implant.

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS