Crowns on two front teeth. Is it too risk to have it redone? (Photo)

I had crowns put on my teeth about 12 years ago. A month ago one broke in half and came out completely. This one had a root canal back thenas well. I had it redone. The dentist did a post and crown. I am unhappy with the crown as it feels longer and thicker than the other. I'm contemplating having it redone and doing the other to match but wondering if it's too risky with the post underneath? Also is I hard to take off after it's been permanently cemented?

Redoing crown on front tooth #DrSoftTouch

If you are unhappy with your 12 year old crown, I would recommend having it replaced. If the crown is removed properly, it should not cause a problem with the underlying tooth. Good luck and I hope this helps. Click save on the save button below my name, so that you may ask me more questions in the future.

Crown Redo

If you don't like how the tooth looks and feels, I would say fix it. The crown will not come off easily, but removed properly should not cause a problem with the tooth. 

Redoing crowns on front teeth

Hi:

There is always a risk to replacing crowns, however with X-rays and nerve testing you can assess the health of the tooth under the crown.  If there is no sign of infection or nerve damage an expert cosmetic dentist can replace the crowns safely and improve the color of the crowns.

Dr. Maddahi

Kourosh Maddahi, DDS
Beverly Hills Dentist