Is there a way to even out my breasts without implants? (Photo)

My breast have always been uneven. I would like to have them the same size and my nipples to sit up. I am not concerned about increasing the size with implants. Can this be done with what I have?

Breast asymmetry can be corrected without implants.

Most women experience some degree of breast asymmetry, although certainly a significant size or shape variance can cause self-consciousness about your appearance. Plastic surgery can correct asymmetrical breasts without implants if a size increase isn’t a goal for you. In your case, you may benefit from having your larger breast reduced to match the volume of your smaller breast, while also having both breasts lifted. A breast lift, also known as mastopexy, will reposition the nipples for the more upright look you’d like to achieve.

Uneven breasts..

Hello Quetee41. Thanks for your questions and photos. A breast lift and a reduction of the bigger breast seems like the most reasonable approach. Best wishes, Dr. ALDO.

Aldo Guerra, MD

Is there a way to even out my breasts without implants?

Hi QueTee41,

You are correct; your breasts are very asymmetrical and are also sagging quite significantly. You have specified you don’t want breast implants because you don’t want to go bigger. My suggestion would be a unilateral reduction plus a breast lift on the left breast, and a breast lift alone on the right. A breast lift (mastopexy) will correct the droopiness, sagging and asymmetry that is occurring, and return your nipples to where they should be sitting. At the time of your consultation, after a proper examination of your breasts, your plastic surgeon will be able to offer you their professional suggestions.

Hopefully this has been helpful,
Craig

Craig Rubinstein, MBBS
Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

Options for asymmetry

There are other options available to even out your breasts besides augmentation.  A lift will bring the position of the nipple up, and a small reduction on the larger breast can bring the size and shape into better symmetry.  I would recommend a visit to a board certified plastic surgeon who can give you details about your surgical options.  Good luck!

Camille Cash, MD

Thank you for your question. Schedule an appointment with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss breast lift options to even out asymmetries.

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Breast Augmentation

Thank you for your question about breast augmentation.

No, getting breast implants in not mandatory. You may opt for a breast lift instead to even out your breasts.

To be sure, see two or more board-certified plastic surgeons in your area for a full and complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have surgery.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Changing breasts without surgery

Thank you for asking about your breast asymmetry.

• You are correct - one side is much larger than the left.
  • You can consider a lift on the smaller side and a lift with reduction on the larger side and nipple repositioning.
  • There is not way to change the look without surgery - sorry. It would be nice if there was.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
Hope you found this answer helpful. Best wishes.

Many women develop breasts that are not even in size or shape.  This is a commonly corrected procedure performed by Board Certified Plastic Surgeons.  

Both breasts can be lifted to relocate the nipple areolar complex to the center of the new breast mound.  The larger breast is reduced at the same time to improve the breast volume asymmetry.  

I hope this helps.  Best wishes!

William J. Vinyard, MD, FACS
Palm Beach, Florida

William J. Vinyard, MD, FACS
Palm Beach Plastic Surgeon

Breast asymmetry

Hi... thank you for the question and photos.... Mastopexy could be done with your own tissue.. but small breast can be one of the results... i suggest you breast mastopexy with anatomical breast implants for better results like the picture you want to be like.

Luis A. Mejia, MD

A breast reduction/lift on the larger breast can be performed as well as an anchor lift on the smaller side- to make  your breasts more symmetric and perkier