Breast Augmentation and lipo. (photo)

I would like to be a small d and my dr took measurements he said 475 cc's would get me there but I've seen other 475's that seem a little bigger than I planned... And the 3D imaging did seem bigger but I am worried about going smaller and not being happy with it and regretting it! I'm 29, 5'1", weight fluctuates from 125-130 and I've had 5 children vaginally. Also, is lipo going to help my belly look flatter or will it just make the pudgy are a little smaller?

Breast augmentation and liposuction

Thank you for your question.  Given your photo, it appears that you are a good candidate for breast augmentation.  A good examination by your BCPS should include measurements of your breast base and  estimation of its tissue envelope to get a starting point for choosing the implant.  At that point your surgeon can help you pick out an implant size based on your desires.As far as your abdomen is concerned, liposuction will certainly remove subcutaneous fat, however your history includes having five pregnancies.  There is a good chance that you have a considerable separation (rectus diastasis) of your "six pack" muscles down the middle of your abdomen that may make you and your surgeon at least consider abdominoplasty.  This would address the diastasis of your rectus muscles as well as any skin laxity and subcutaneous fat external to them.  Best wishes.

Jackson Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implant Size Choice

My patients find it helpful to try on the implant sizers with a form fitting T-Shirt in the office in order to get an idea of how they will look. You may want to make rice sizers at home to get accustomed to the volume with your own clothing. Your expectations for liposuction should be discussed with your Plastic Surgeon as they will examine you and let you know what to expect from the procedure that you have planned.
All the best

Breast Augmentation - Size Selection

Thank you for your question. "Tissue based planning" relies on your chest and breast measurements and is the safest way to ensure good long term results. Your surgeon should determine what size and projection are necessary to give you your desired result based on your body's measurements. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic breast surgery. Hope this helps and good luck with your surgery.

Liposuction and Breast Aug

Thank you for your question.  475cc implants will definitely put you into the DD category in some bra's just remember that bra sizes are not standardized and no matter where you purchase your bra you may be a different size.  You may want to try on sizers if you have not already done so to get a better idea of what you will look like.  As far as your liposuction goes that will depend on the laxity of your skin.  After having 5 children it sounds like you may need a tummy tuck.  Liposuction will not necessarily tighten your skin and may leave you with lose skin on your abdomen.  This is something you will want to address with your surgeon as it is unclear in your photos.
Dr. Hisham Seify

Hisham Seify, MD, PhD, FACS

Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision

I appreciate your question. The size of implant best for you is dictated by your chest wall measurements.  Once we determine that we can choose the profile based on what you want or need to achieve.  If you are seeking a natural look, then the diameter of the implant should be equal to or, more ideally, smaller than the width of your breast. The breast width is a measurement of how wide your breast is at the base, which should be measured at the level of the nipple. Choosing an implant that is smaller in diameter than your breast width will avoid the "side breast" fullness that is often associated with a more artificial appearance.  Other than that, you should choose the implant based on volume, not on the dimensions of the implant. You should choose a board certified plastic surgeon that you trust to help guide you in this decision.   Silicone will give you a fullness at the top (upper pole fullness). Silicone implants come pre-filled with a silicone gel and are the softest implant available. They feel more natural, which makes them a good option for women with less natural breast tissue; but they require a larger incision. It may be more difficult to realize if this type of implant has ruptured, so it is important to monitor them with annual follow-up visits. Additionally, because this implant contains a more liquid silicone (less cross-linked), if this implant should rupture, it will leak only into the scar capsule formed around the implant but may cause some discomfort or implant distortion. Anatomic gummy bear implants might be a good choice to give you volume. These highly-sought-after, anatomic implants offer a look that more closely resembles the natural silhouette of a breast, and, therefore, are a very attractive option for individuals seeking a natural-looking, aesthetic primary breast augmentation. Additionally, these implants are an especially excellent option for patients undergoing restorative or corrective breast surgery because they provide more stability, shape, and reduced incidence of capsular contracture. Compared to other types of silicone gel implants, the silicone in the cohesive gel implant is more cross-linked; therefore, should the implant shell “rupture,” it maintains its shape and silicone does not leak. During your breast augmentation consultation, you should feel the different types of implants available, and try on various implant sizers in front of a mirror to help you to get an idea of how you will look following the surgery. You should also bring pictures of the look you would like to achieve, as well as a favorite top to wear when trying on implant sizers. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery. best of luck! Dr Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon

Lipo and aug

Liposuction will remove the area of excess fat or pudgy area, but it will not remove any excess skin or tighten stretched out muscles. I would suggest meeting with your surgeon again and ask to try on a 475 cc sizer so you can feel the weight and see what that size looks like on you. You may find that 475 cc implant is a little heavy and large for your frame.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

475 cc implants

Thank you for your question and photo's.  For your height it does seem a bit large and you don't want to look boxy and heavy, however, in my office, in addition to 3D imaging, we size our patients with impant sizers during pre op visit .  I have them bring in a black and white snug shirt or tank top and the patient will try on atleast 3 different sizes.  I would ask your PS if you can get sized as well. If you have had 5 children , you most likely need a tummy tuck.  Liposuction alone will possibly leave you with excess skin.

Chad Robbins, MD

3D imaging

I use 3D imaging in my practice and I feel that it is the most accurate way to pick the right implant size.  Look at your surgeon's before and after photos and also use the 3D imaging photos to pick the right size with your surgeon.  Best wishes. 

Jules Walters, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Mommy make-over - choosing the implant

Thank you for asking about your mommy make-over.
  • For your height and weight a 475 cc implant sounds very large.
  • I suggest you buy a bra of the kind you want to fill out, return to your surgeon and try on sizers to see what size fills up the bra.
  • Everyone after any implant always feels it is a little too large or a little too small - if too small would be worse, then go a little larger than what fits the bra.
  • After liposuction, you probably need a tummy tuck, not liposuction.
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Size

Hello, there are different ways to size. 3D imaging can help but sometimes can be misleading. There is no exact way to determine how you will look... but imaging, trying on implants in a sports bra with a T shirt, and looking at before and after pictures of people similar to you with different size implants can help. Lipo is good for contouring in patients with good skin quality that has the ability to snap back. Good Luck.