Belly button after umbilical hernia? (Photo)

I had an umbilical hernia surgery when I was 2. I'm 28 now and is getting a tummy tuck in Oct. but I was wondering if a plastic surgeon would be able to make me a belly button?

Ask your surgeon about belly button reconstruction options

There are ways to recreate a belly button during a tummy tuck procedure. Belly button reconstruction is quite complicated and meticulous. Best, Dr. KaramanoukianLos Angeles

Absolutely.  We can do a tummy tuck and recreate the belly button with the existing skin that you have.  Go to a board certified plastic surgeon in your area.  It will look similar to a belly button.  Look at lots of pics and go to an experienced board certified plastic surgeon. Good luck!

Andrew T. Cohen, MD