Can this apron of fat by fixed by working out or will I have to get a tummy tuck? (photos)

I am 22 years old, 5"10 and 215lbs. I have lost 45 lbs since last year and I am still trying to work at it. I have noticed the saggy bottom part of my skin, "mothers apron" a little more lately, though I've never even had kids it's there. I am wondering if this is something I can fix through continuing to work out or will I have to get a tummy tuck? Thanks.

congrats on taking control of your life. it is not easy.  you may want to have the extra skin removed after you have completed the weight loss process. get to your goal weight and see how things look

Newark Plastic Surgeon

Can I work this off?

Your weight loss is commendable.  Keep it up.  However, even at your age, the loose hanging skin will likely not retract.  In fact, more weight loss may result in additional loose skin.  Once you reach a stable weight in which you are comfortable, reassess and see if you are comfortable with the appearance of your lower abdomen.  A tummy tuck is always an option, but don't be in a hurry.  Loose the weight, slowly and safely.Best wishes and good luck.

Shayne Webb, MD

Can this apron of fat by fixed by working out or will I have to get a tummy tuck

Losing more weight will not help that apron problem. If anything it might sag more. I think you will need the skin to be surgically removed with a tummy tuck. I think that losing more weight would make the end result of the tummy tuck better than if you did it now though. You can have a procedure now called a panniculectomy now, it is where the apron and only the apron is removed, but it does not do as much correction as a formal tummy tuck would.

Julio Garcia, MD