52 units Botox with no change. Any suggestions?

I just paid for 54 units of botox in my glabellar region, forehead and outer eyes with literally no change. It has been 4 days and this is my 3rd time receiving it. The only change I minimally see is in my forehead over one eye, it was also the only site that bled. I went to the same aesthetician that did it previously. The first time she used 46 units but the effects only lasted a month. She did a touch up of another 26 units at her cost which lasted 5 months. I am only 35 years old.

Botox

It can take a maximum of 2 weeks for the full effects of Botox to be seen.  If you are not happy with the results after 2 weeks, follow up with your injector.  Good luck!

Sarasota Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox Results

Thank you for your question. Botox can take 7-14 days to take full effect. If you are still concerned with results I would recommend to followup with your provider. 

Daniel J. Ritacca, MD
Chicago Oculoplastic Surgeon

Botox takes two weeks

Botox takes a full two weeks to take effect.  Age is not a determinant when dosing, it is based on the strength of your muscles and the desired effect.

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Botox with no change

Thank you for your question.  Botox can take up to 2 weeks for full results. I always encourage my patients to call the office if they have questions or concerns.  Best of luck.

Michael Sullivan, MD
Columbus Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox timing

Hello, and thanks for your question. It can take up to 2 weeks to see the full result. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht.  

Corey Frucht, MD, PhD
Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox with no results

You should not yet be seeing results at 4 days. it usually takes 7-10 days to get the effect; however, you should be injected by a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon, not an aesthetician

Melvin Elson, MD
Nashville Dermatologist

Results after Botox

Thank you for your question stefaniewilliams20. Botox is a purified protein used to address wrinkles associated with facial expression such as those in the upper face. Most people see their results 3-7 days after a treatment. But it could take up to two weeks to see full results. So patients is important. In our office we have patients follow up two weeks after their treatment to assess their results. If they did the recommended dose and do not see improvements we provide complimentary additional units. This is something useful to look for to tell if a practice stands behind their recommendations. Changes with Botox are not associated with how much bleeding their is at the injection site. Please follow up with your aesthetician for specific recommendations. Good luck!

Alex Eshaghian, MD, PhD
Encino Physician

Botox results

It can take 7-14 days to see the full results of Botox injection. I would a little longer before judging your results. That being said, I would recommend you have your next Botox treatment done by an experienced physician injector.

Botox and No change

Botox is an art and a science and I always encourage patients to seek out an expert such as a board certified dermatologist with expertise in cometic injections and not an aesthetician. At this point I would wait two weeks and then consult an expert.  Best, Dr. Green

Esthetician injecting Botox

Generally we get what we pay for. What you pay for is the skill, experience and reputation of the treating doctor. To have a prescriptive medical treatment performed by an esthetician is illegal in many states (I thought all states) but at a minimum is a health hazard. seek consultation with a board certified dermatologist, facial plastic or general plastic surgeon.

Edwin Ishoo, MD
Cambridge Facial Plastic Surgeon