Why are my implants falling into my armpits just three weeks after surgery?

Implants falling into armpits?

Thank you for your question.  This is a bit difficult to answer without photos and an examination.  Often the implant fullness on the outside makes it feel like your implants are falling to the side as you are not used to the sensation of the breast against your arm.  Occasionally the pocket may be too big and the implant can shift around.  This is something you would need to talk to your surgeon about.

Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Breast position

Difficult to say without images.  Breast will naturally migrate lateral, or towards arm pit region if lying down.  However, if this remains in upright position, it can be the dissection pocket, implant size/width or baseline breast position that you had prior.  Its best to address with your surgeon

Rodney E. Schmelzer, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Implants falling into armpit

Thank you for your question. Without knowing your specifics and any pictures it is very difficult to answer your question. You should discuss your concerns with your surgeon. Your pockets may have been dissected too much on the sides. Good luck. 

Mehdi K. Mazaheri, MD

Implants under arm pits

Hi cloeys

When you lie down, your breasts/breast implants will naturally tend to fall to the side as a result of gravity.  If they are too much into the arm pits, this would argue that there may be a problem with the pocket.  Discuss with your surgeon.

All the best.

Sek

Post Op Concerns

I recommend that you see your Plastic Surgeon in person so that you can be examined and discuss your concerns.

All the best

After breast augmentation

Hi and thanks for your question. Some more info would be good for us like implants volume, plane used, as well as pre and postop photos. Definitely your plastic surgeon is the one who has all this info and the most indicated to clear your doubts.

Hector Milla, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question. I would recommend that you discuss this question with your surgeon. They are most familiar with your medical history, details of your surgery, and how you are healing. They'll be able to give you the most helpful answer.