Does age have any bearing on getting the gastric sleeve surgery?

I am 66 years old and have been over weight my entire life. I am on high blood pressure med and metformin. Blood sugar has been stable since stopped sugar and flour products. Have been ok to have gastric sleeve surgery.

Age Limit

This is a very common question asked by our patients everyday, people with similar ages comes to bariatric surgery.There is no upper age limit for this type of surgery. However, the procedure is riskier for anyone older than 65. The age range is between 18 to 65 years old. The most important is that you go to a certified bariatric surgeon and have all the pre ops evaluations and labs: cardiologist, neumologist, nutritionist, psiquiatric, anesthesiologist, surgeon and others as required.
You can get your goal with the surgery and you will be very happy and healthy.
Good luck in this journey.
God bless you.

Dominican Republic Bariatric Surgeon