Any suggestions on my Pseudo gynecomastia? (photos)

Hi I had lipo to my chest for pseudo gynacomastia. Can you tell me if I should have experienced tenderness, bruising and swelling to the aeriola region if this had lipo? I had none of these immediately post op and onwards. The results 2 months post op are minimal. Thanks

What to Expect 2 Months After Gynecomastia Surgery

Following surgery, your incisions will go through a maturation process. For the first few months they will be red and possibly raised and/or firm. As the scar matures, after 6-12 months, it becomes soft, pale, flat, and much less noticeable. You may experience numbness, tingling, burning, “crawling”, or other peculiar sensations around the surgical area. This is a result of the healing of tiny fibers which are trapped in the incision site. These symptoms will disappear. Some people are prone to keloids, which is an abnormal scar that becomes prominent. If you or a blood relative has a tendency to keloid formation, please inform the doctor.

Bruising and #swelling are normal and usually increase slightly after the removal of any tape or foam. The bruising will decrease over 3-4 weeks, but may last as long as 6 weeks. The majority of the swelling will be gone within the first 3-4 weeks. However, it may take 6-9 weeks to disappear completely.

Also, as you heal, the area may feel “lumpy” and irregular. This, too, decreases with time, and massaging these areas will help soften the scar tissue. The #compression garment helps reduce the swelling, and the longer it is worn, the more quickly you will #heal. It can also assist in the retraction of the skin. If you have any concerns about #healing, its best to ask questions of your surgeon or their nursing staff.

Liposuction for gynecomastia

2 months is too soon to judge the result after liposuction alone. Swelling may persist for at least 3-4 months.   Liposuction may help quite a bit if you had primarily fat producing your shape, but may not be adequate for true glandular tissue which many people have and, if present, needs to be excised.  Stay in touch with your board certified plastic surgeon.  

Jeffrey D. Wagner, MD