What surgery would be required for me to have even sized nostrils? Septoplasty? (Photos)

One side is the result of my nose developing around a breathing tube after birth and it has been this way my whole life. The other side was left untouched and developed normally. I have difficulty breathing on the smaller side, especially when I have a cold. I don't really think I will need a septoplasty as, to my knowledge, only my nostrils are disfigured.

Can I have even nostrils with rhinoplasty?

Dear beejo, I would suggest seeking consultation with some experts in the field of rhinoplasty surgery. During the consultation an intra-nasal examination will be performed to determine if your breathing concerns are related to a deviated septum. Also during your consultation the surgeon can discuss with you the possibilities of rhinoplasty/septorhinoplasty surgery and how this would effect nostril symmetry and breathing. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.