Are smooth implants supposed to move in the pockets unlike textured ones?

I used to have textured implants which I exchanged for the smooth ones.4 weeks post BA I'm concerned with technicalities like bra fitting. Can I adjust smooth implants to bras or I must make sure they stay put and not move at all when the initial 6 week period post ba ends? I rotated the anatomical I had which caused deformity, this time mine are round so no deformity should occur I'm not sure if I can feel freer when it comes to daily activities like fitting bras,garments, sex,etc Thank you for your help

Breast implant revision

Once your breasts have healed (4-6weeks), you should have no problem with daily activities. I would recommend not getting fitted for an expensive bra until 6-8 months after the breasts have settled.

Smooth vs Textured implant

Smooth surfaced  implants move much easier than textured implants.  Smooth round implants are more commonly used.  Textured usually used in revision cases.
You should not have any problems with bras, garments, outfits, activities.

Payam Jarrah-Nejad, MD

Moving implant

Yes, a smooth walled implant will move more in the pocket than a similar implant which is textured. This should have no effect on measuring you or fitting you for a different type of bra. Best of luck.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

Movement

Thank you for the question and YES your smooth surfaced implants should move around in the pocket and create a more natural feel.  You should have no problem with any bra.

Dr. Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Smooth Move More

Yes, smooth implants move more then textured implants.  There is nothing magical about 6 weeks post. As time goes on, you'll have more and more movement, perhaps much more than you wanted.

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Normal for smooth implants to move a little

It is normal for smooth implants to move a little, just as natural breasts do. You should of course discuss bra fitting with your plastic surgeon, but my recommendation is that you have the bra fit where the breasts are, not push the implants into a position that isn't where they were placed.

Richard Baxter, MD