Should I get a revision/too soon 6 month post op? (Photos)

I was 32 AA before Dr put the same size in both sides and now I'm feeling insecure while naked, it's not noticeable with clothes but with out clothes there's obvious asymmetry. The Dr said it's due to my chest wall ect but I think the right side is placed differently because it sits higher and my nipple faces down what should I do? I'm 6 months post op is it too soon for revision

Can I fix my breast asymmetry?

You can  fix your breast asymmetry even at this time. It probably will not change. You did have some pre-existing which has been accentuated by the breast implants. 

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Breast revision

One implant is clearly significantly higher than the other.  I think six months is a reasonable time to wait before a revision.  I would have wee the first ne side to match the other.  Should be s simple fix.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Uneven Breasts

Since it's been 6 months I would definitely ask your surgeon again. If you are not feeling confident in his/her ability to revise the situation then I would seek a second opinion with a board certified plastic surgeon. I do feel however that your right breast will need a revision. Best of Luck

Robert Heck, MD, FACS
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Do I need revision surgery

Hi and thank you for the question. You do have enough asymmetry to justify a revision. By six months implants typically have settled pretty well. On one side the implant looks too high. That's either because it never dropped into the right position, or it moved from a good position to a high position due to capsular contracture. My suggestion is to start by sharing your concerns with your plastic surgeon. If he or she doesn't give you a reasonable plan to address your concerns then get a second opinion with a board certified plastic surgeon in OC with a good reputation for breast surgery. Good luck. 

Dr West

Justin West, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Breast revision

yes I agree the breast implants are not symmetrical.  A revision could be done to make them look more even. Best to go to a good board certified plastic surgeon who does lots of breast revisions. Should not be a hard fix.  

Andrew T. Cohen, MD

Not too early to consider breast augmentation revisionary surgery…

Your concerns are certainly understandable; the breast asymmetry is quite noticeable. Given that you are six months out of surgery, is not too early to consider revisionary breast surgery.  Exactly what operation will be indicated will be determined after careful physical examination and clear communication of your goals/preferences. Certainly,  adjustments of the breast implant capsules along with appropriate selection of breast implant size/profiles will be an important part of the revisionary breast procedure.

You will need to make sure that your plastic surgeon has significant experience helping patients with revisionary breast surgery;  otherwise, unfortunately, further disappointment is possible.

Breast Implant Asymmetry

Hello again, 

Yes, the implants are not sitting at the same level!!!! Whether or not there was a differential in placement or they just have healed like this is another issue, but what is clear is that your breast asymmetry/nipple asymmetry is due to implant position asymmetry. As I said to you before, whether the doctor actually believes what he said to you or not, you should visit another surgeon for your revision, as he is either incompetent or dishonest. Best of luck!

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Asymmetry After Breast Augmentation

I think some of the photos indicate significant asymmetry with the one implant (right side?) sitting much higher. Based on your preop photos I doubt this has anything to do with your chest wall and is probably due to a capsular contracture, thus a surgical revision may be indicated. It is hard to imagine a surgeon being satisfied with this result and I think you need to have another talk with your doctor. 

Ronald V. DeMars, MD