Minor scarring - Fraxel 1550, Palomar 1540

I hear some complain of permanent holes and grid patterns following fraxel and palomar procedures. May it be on account of too high settings?I have some minor scarring ( not acne),thin skin. Is laser on low parameters safe and effective for me? Thank you.

Thanks for your query. Mild scarring is normal after fraxel. It takes 2-3 weeks for full healing. You just need to wait for some while. Hope it helps.

All The Best

India Plastic Surgeon

Holes and grids are caused by treatment of severely oily skin with ablative fractional lasers.

If you have severe oily skin in addition to your scars, I would put you on istotretinoin (Accutane) for a few week before your treatment to decrease the oil.  If you are not severely oily, there is not much risk of leaving holes or a permanent grid.

Mark Taylor, MD
Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon

Fraxel Laser Safe?/Acne Scarring-- Lasers (Fraxel, Co2/Erbium, VIVA, Intensif); Microneedling/PRP, Fillers (Bell

The Fraxel Laser is safe to use. For acne scarring I recommend a combination approach. You may need a combination approach with lasers, TCA cross, peels/skin care. I suggest a formal consultation with an acne scarring expert.   Best, Dr. Emer.

The Fraxel Dual device is one of the safest lasers I offer in my clinic. It first came out in 2004 and has over 10 years of good data supporting. Just see an experienced provider.